Should I order full led or not

All Ford Puma related discussions
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

DesertIslandBlue wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:09 pm
Stoopo wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:49 pm Quick question on the beams. Does the dipped beam stay on when you put high beam on?

I suppose I should get off my butt and check. It’s raining though ;-)
Yes that’s correct dipped stays on. My point was that there’s very little extra light with the main beam on and appears dim compared to the bright white of the LEDs.

Hope that helps?

BTW auto high beam works a treat for me.

Thanks. I thought that should be the case. So I can expect them to be better than my halogens on the Focus but not as good as those with full led?
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.

DesertIslandBlue

Post by DesertIslandBlue »

Stoopo wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:46 pm
Stoopo wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:49 pm Quick question on the beams. Does the dipped beam stay on when you put high beam on?

I suppose I should get off my butt and check. It’s raining though ;-)
Yes that’s correct dipped stays on. My point was that there’s very little extra light with the main beam on and appears dim compared to the bright white of the LEDs.

Hope that helps?

Thanks. I thought that should be the case. So I can expect them to be better than my halogens on the Focus but not as good as those with full led?
I think you will see an improvement, the LEDs are much better than halogen. I came from an all halogen fiesta and was blown away by the LED lights.
It’s possible that you will be happy with the main beam, I just feel that they’re disappointing after the excellent light of the LED…
ST Line X mHEV 125 Desert Island Blue DAP+CP+HFPT
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

DesertIslandBlue wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:20 am

Hope that helps?

I think you will see an improvement, the LEDs are much better than halogen. I came from an all halogen fiesta and was blown away by the LED lights.
It’s possible that you will be happy with the main beam, I just feel that they’re disappointing after the excellent light of the LED…
Cheers. I must go out one night and try them. I’m sure they will eclipse the Focus halogens I had.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Stoopo wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:04 pm
DesertIslandBlue wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:20 am

Cheers. I must go out one night and try them. I’m sure they will eclipse the Focus halogens I had.
I had trouble with night vision and more or less gave up driving in the dark unless it was around town and well lit....Since getting the Puma I tried it again and it's like (Pun coming :roll: ) night and day....Back to night driving... :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Does the st line x come with led daytime running lights and projector headlights ?
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Yes mate...
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Go for the fixed LED option. You won’t regret it, plus it’ll be an extra selling point in the future setting yours apart from the rest.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Seth

Post by Seth »

Well, I sent new price to lease company to recalculate the offer ...
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

I came from a Kuga ST X line which had xenons, I thought they were good untill the Puma. I have the full LEDs and they are excellent. Pure white light and the auto main beam works brilliantly.
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

I’ve got auto main beam disabled until I get a chance to test it, seemed a bit dodgy to me!

Glad to hear the consensus seems to be that it works though