'Puma Newba'. Just saying hi!..

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

1969SaltyPuma wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:26 am Thanks for your comments everyone.
At the moment, I'm looking at the ST Line X considering a 2.4% PCP deal over 36 months at £256 a month based on 9000 miles a year, in black (as it's slightly cheaper?) with a 2-4 week lead time. Deal is a mixture of Ford's upgrade and save deal and a few hundred equity left in my TT. I know PCP isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I like an upgrade every once in a while. PCP on a 'nearly new' is way more expensive with interest at 9.9%
Would love to hear from anyone who thinks it sounds like a good/not so good deal though.
Does it have any options on it? Nothing wrong with PCP, the car diminishes in price anyway IMO and if you want to change every couple of years, it's either that or leasing.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Looks a good deal as long as the deposit is low or your trade in extra money on the TT is only a small amount eg similar to your monthly payment, and as Sparks said does it have any options apart from the black paint.

Also make sure that is pcp and not pch
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

PCP used car interest rates are always higher. 1 there are low interest rates as incentives to encourage new car sales. And 2 used depreciation is generally lower as the first 2/3 year higher depreciation is gone and they have to make profits somewhere. You generally don't get dealer contributions either, just what you can haggle of the screen price.

The dealer always holds the high hand.

This is why leasing has become more attractive to me. Monthlys are way lower due to not having to cover dealers overheads.

Don't forget that a low interest rate may mean that the margin is already factored into the price of the car. We all get stung somewhere along the way.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Last time I looked I think the 0% was only on the Titanium - until June.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
1969SaltyPuma

Post by 1969SaltyPuma »

Wdf76 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:24 am PCP used car interest rates are always higher. 1 there are low interest rates as incentives to encourage new car sales. And 2 used depreciation is generally lower as the first 2/3 year higher depreciation is gone and they have to make profits somewhere. You generally don't get dealer contributions either, just what you can haggle of the screen price.

The dealer always holds the high hand.

This is why leasing has become more attractive to me. Monthlys are way lower due to not having to cover dealers overheads.

Don't forget that a low interest rate may mean that the margin is already factored into the price of the car. We all get stung somewhere along the way.
Sorry if this is straying off topic, but that's really interesting to me WDf76. I looked at leasing but I've somehow managed to talk myself out of it and convince myself that there's a catch as they are much cheaper monthly payments from companies I'm not really familiar with. We will definitely be giving it back after 3 years, is leasing a better bet?
1969SaltyPuma

Post by 1969SaltyPuma »

Mike wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:01 am Looks a good deal as long as the deposit is low or your trade in extra money on the TT is only a small amount eg similar to your monthly payment, and as Sparks said does it have any options apart from the black paint.

No options as far as I know. I've just been told that the black will reduce the payments on this one. And this is with a 2k deposit, too. :?
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

1969SaltyPuma wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:15 pm
Mike wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:01 am Looks a good deal as long as the deposit is low or your trade in extra money on the TT is only a small amount eg similar to your monthly payment, and as Sparks said does it have any options apart from the black paint.

No options as far as I know. I've just been told that the black will reduce the payments on this one. And this is with a 2k deposit, too. :?
2K? Not sure I'd put that much in......PCP usually reduces around £10pm per thousand. When I was getting mine they started at around £350pm and I just laughed at them and walked away, I already had a good car 2 years old and wasn't desperate. I was emailed every other day as they found new cars elsewhere in the group. Eventually, I got a First edition that has everything on it except pano roof and heated seats, for less than they were originally wanting for a much lower spec car. £100pm less to be precise.
Just illustrates that there is no such thing as a set price on any model, it more depends on dealers desperation and stock. Never go looking when you have a car you desperately want to change and be prepared to walk.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

1969SaltyPuma wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:14 pm Sorry if this is straying off topic, but that's really interesting to me WDf76. I looked at leasing but I've somehow managed to talk myself out of it and convince myself that there's a catch as they are much cheaper monthly payments from companies I'm not really familiar with. We will definitely be giving it back after 3 years, is leasing a better bet?
We always stray off topic here.. 😄

Quite a few mates lease and have done for years. Mention PCH in a dealership and they start getting negative (oooh you don't want that etc). You are tied to the car you choose for the duration of the contract. However, breakdown and road tax is included for the duration. You have no ownership rights and the V5 remains in the possession of the bank or financier. So think of it as long-term hire. You'll not be able to mod it etc.

There are some cracking deals to be had on older run out or in stock models.

I would only lease for as long as the warranty period or less.

Some say well, what happens if your circumstances change and you can't afford it. It's no different to a PCP if you can't afford it either. It's gonna cost you to give it back reglardless the of contract type.

Lad I work with has just leased a cupra formentor for nill down, £300 per month. I think that's a good deal on a smart looking car.

I'll be leasing next time. I'll have to keep the Puma until the death now or unless I can persuade my dealer to buy it off me for used stock.

Like you, I was sceptical but after asking loads of questions I'm convinced it's the future for me.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Love that Formentor......Have been thinking about it when the Puma goes...
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Sparks wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:55 pm Love that Formentor......Have been thinking about it when the Puma goes...
Yeah.... It's a really nice thing. Just the V1, but it's a nice place to be. I felt a bit 2nd class when I got back into my Puma.