'Puma Newba'. Just saying hi!..

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
1969SaltyPuma

Post by 1969SaltyPuma »

Hi
Brand new to the forum, hi everyone!! :) I am getting a beautiful Puma in the next month or two. Still 'toing and froing' with dealers over best deal (it's a minefield, right?) I'm trading in my TT for a New ST Line X, Can't wait!!!

Good to be part of your community!

Salty.

1969SaltyPuma

Post by 1969SaltyPuma »

While I'm on, anyone able to tell me if the push button boot close is standard on all new ST Line X's (or is it only available as an option?) Thanks all, didn't take me long to rack some brains, eh? :) . Appreciate your guidance.
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

Hi , and welcome , sadly i don't know the answer to your Question.
Ford changes things all the time , but you should be able yo find out on their website when you configure the car.
Last edited by PaulD on Thu May 06, 2021 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Welcome.

According to the Ford ‘build your own’ page, it’s a £600 optional extra which includes keyless entry.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
1969SaltyPuma

Post by 1969SaltyPuma »

Perfect, thank you, I did see, that but just wondered if there was a more basic 'hands free' option (like opening the boot with your hand but push button to close) that was included in higher spec models.

Looks like it's £600 for the 'wave your foot underneath' keyless system at £600 option - Shame really, quite liked that and thought it might be included in the ST Line X :(
Many many thanks.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

I’ve got the hands free tailgate - it’s a nice option but not one I find essential for my needs and use. I do like the keyless entry though. That said as I have a steering lock, I still need to have my key fob to hand to remove it.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

I wanted the keyless entry but just couldn’t find a Ford Direct one within my budget. Even when I upped it by £1k I couldn’t find one.

In the end I’ve got a lovely 155 STLine x with everything I want apart from that .....but still have £1k in my bank.

Sometimes things just aren’t meant to be and with the shortage of semi conductors adding a few weeks to the waiting list, many are opting for a nearly new like me - meaning prices are rising considerably.

What I got for £19995 is now over £21k. With keyless they are over £22k now.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Yes as previously mentioned they are a 600 option, not sure about the vignale spec if they are std.
play one dealer off against the other, the price will quickly drop if they want your business especially near the end of the month/ quarter.
Good luck.
Just double check the spec on the car you want because Ford look like they keep removing items.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
1969SaltyPuma

Post by 1969SaltyPuma »

Thanks for your comments everyone.
At the moment, I'm looking at the ST Line X considering a 2.4% PCP deal over 36 months at £256 a month based on 9000 miles a year, in black (as it's slightly cheaper?) with a 2-4 week lead time. Deal is a mixture of Ford's upgrade and save deal and a few hundred equity left in my TT. I know PCP isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I like an upgrade every once in a while. PCP on a 'nearly new' is way more expensive with interest at 9.9%
Would love to hear from anyone who thinks it sounds like a good/not so good deal though.
Omen

Post by Omen »

Hello and welcome!

Have they stopped offering the 0% PCP deal? I got my ST Line X with that in March. I went with a 2020 model year car to get the price down a bit.