New Puma on the way

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
Rossberg

Post by Rossberg »

@wdf76 yes my wife used to have a 3-pot Yaris and a thrummy old motor it was. I've read the Astra diesel has issues over time with the timing chain tensioner and guide that need to be replaced with uprated parts (at owners cost), so happy to be shot of it before it becomes a major problem. @alanp thanks, good to hear 50mpg is possible

Rossberg

Post by Rossberg »

Picked up my car this morning:

IMG-20210506-WA0003.jpg

I checked the VIN number and build date is November 2020, must have been sitting a while in some compound before it arrived into the country. Mine has the Rombat battery, really hope it behaves itself! Also have drum brakes on the rear, I recall some discussion that drums only came in for 2021 builds. Anyways, really love the car so far and it comes with 7 year warranty as standard. I brought the missus, and she was looking very closely at another Puma, same colour as mine except in Titanium spec with a diesel engine. As soon as we got home, she placed an order that car :lol:
The salesman was telling me the Puma is his best selling model.

Edit: meant to add, no way of adjusting the height of the passenger seat which I found a bit odd.
Dermo ASTX

Post by Dermo ASTX »

Nice colour I bought a "used" 201 which was run by the Ford HQ here in the south , the car went to Thurles came back to Cork and has a Dublin Reg , its got issues already
Agate Black ST Line-X with loads of Toys not heated seats though :shock:
Dermo ASTX

Post by Dermo ASTX »

Oh and well wear with it
Agate Black ST Line-X with loads of Toys not heated seats though :shock:
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Rossberg wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:24 pm Picked up my car this morning:

IMG-20210506-WA0003.jpg

I checked the VIN number and build date is November 2020, must have been sitting a while in some compound before it arrived into the country. Mine has the Rombat battery, really hope it behaves itself! Also have drum brakes on the rear, I recall some discussion that drums only came in for 2021 builds. Anyways, really love the car so far and it comes with 7 year warranty as standard. I brought the missus, and she was looking very closely at another Puma, same colour as mine except in Titanium spec with a diesel engine. As soon as we got home, she placed an order that car :lol:
The salesman was telling me the Puma is his best selling model.

Edit: meant to add, no way of adjusting the height of the passenger seat which I found a bit odd.
Interesting re the drum brakes. Mines an October build but I think it has discs all round. I’ll check in the morning.

Ford have been weird on rear brakes for a while. Up till recently nothing below 2ltr got discs. Even my 1.5 Diesel Titanium Focus had rear drums.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Rossberg

Post by Rossberg »

Dermo ASTX wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:53 pm Oh and well wear with it
Thanks! Likewise with your new motor too, the ST Line X is a beaut. I looking at a pre-reg'd X, but it was sold already so I settled for lesser trim.
Rossberg

Post by Rossberg »

Stoopo wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:00 pm
Interesting re the drum brakes. Mines an October build but I think it has discs all round. I’ll check in the morning.

Ford have been weird on rear brakes for a while. Up till recently nothing below 2ltr got discs. Even my 1.5 Diesel Titanium Focus had rear drums.
Yes the missus drives a 2019 diesel Fiesta and that has rear drums too. I've noticed some other oddities such as no rear passenger mats supplied on the Titanium model. I'm a little surprised they supply a printed owners manual if they are actively looking to keep costs down.
manc

Post by manc »

I Picked up my New Blue Vignale at the end of April, was in the showroom at the time, the Vin is LS which I think equates to Nov 2020 build and also has drum brakes. So again must have been sat in a lot somewhere for quite a while Actually saw this on Autotrader, I think dealers had been putting new cars on there, as showrooms had been locked down and closed, getting rid of stock in the UK. The dealer was only a few miles up the road as well
Puma ST-Line Vignale 1.0 125PS Mhev in Desert Island Blue (19" Alloys, PTG, Sunroof)
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Rossberg wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:08 am
Stoopo wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:00 pm

Yes the missus drives a 2019 diesel Fiesta and that has rear drums too. I've noticed some other oddities such as no rear passenger mats supplied on the Titanium model. I'm a little surprised they supply a printed owners manual if they are actively looking to keep costs down.
They've stopped producing the printed manual, everything is going digital. A few lucky people get a real manual as they run out stocks.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Mines definitely discs all round. Vin starts WF. Registered 26/10/20.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.