So disappointed

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

You can turn the app off, but the car will still be communicating with Ford so doubt it'll reduce the drain. Don't know if the app connects directly to the vehicle or Ford to get the data, but either way it talks to Ford all the time.
If it doesn't start look upon it as a Ford anti-theft device....

Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

JFDIT wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:25 pm You can turn the app off, but the car will still be communicating with Ford so doubt it'll reduce the drain. Don't know if the app connects directly to the vehicle or Ford to get the data, but either way it talks to Ford all the time.
If it doesn't start look upon it as a Ford anti-theft device....
Forgive my ignorance - but why does the car "talk" to Ford? And how?
Deleted User 702

Everything you see on the "app" and more is sent to Ford servers OTA. If you check your Ford Account on the web you'll see all the info available on the app. You didn't think your journeys, fuel consumption, speed, location, warnings and God knows what else was private did you?
Why it does it is course to help the customer. Nothing whatsoever to do with selling your data for profit. Nothing at all to do with that. Neither is it to be ready for future Government legislation required to track our vehicles movement and actions. Definitely not. No.
asl3312

Post by asl3312 »

Stoopo wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:59 am I guess the battery will drain if the car is parked up. Basically it’s a connected car and will be constantly trying to connect to the app, maps and whatever else it connects to.

I’m going away for two weeks next month so it will be parked up at the airport. Does anyone think it’s worth turning off the connection? Can I? Obviously I won’t get any notifications but it’s not as if I can do anything from Portugal - other than stress out if I get notifications.
If your had the auto you could start the car every couple of days via the app :D :D :D
***NOW SOLD*** 2020 ST Line X 7DCT Auto 125PS - Magnetic Grey - DAP - LED - HFPT - Panoramic Roof - 19" Alloys
NFFC

Post by NFFC »

Sparks wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:44 am
NFFC wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:33 am Daughters car had this message on the app, last year when she was furloughed. As car was not going anywhere, but not had a problem since. Getting used most days so no issue. So could it be that if the car is left stood for a while it drains the battery ?

Not had a issue with the wife’s car 🤞, so hopefully this continues.
Are you a dealer???? That's the excuse they all give initially..... :lol:
😂😂😂😂😂
Ford Puma ST Line Red 125bhp
Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

JFDIT wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:36 pm Everything you see on the "app" and more is sent to Ford servers OTA. If you check your Ford Account on the web you'll see all the info available on the app. You didn't think your journeys, fuel consumption, speed, location, warnings and God knows what else was private did you?
Why it does it is course to help the customer. Nothing whatsoever to do with selling your data for profit. Nothing at all to do with that. Neither is it to be ready for future Government legislation required to track our vehicles movement and actions. Definitely not. No.
Cheers for that. A quick look on the www says it can be disabled. Something to read up on whilst waiting for delivery :D ;)
Last edited by Curryhouse on Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phuma.

Post by Phuma. »

I was worried about this but needn’t have been, I recently went away & parked at airport for three weeks, the car started no problem & everything worked as it should..
Deleted User 702

Doubt you can fully disable. Else stuff like emergency call won't work and the Sat Nav etc. would be compromised.
Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

Google Maps (via phone) would work fine. Also means no updating of the car's own Sat Nav - which has its own issues
Rossberg

Post by Rossberg »

Stoopo wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:59 am I guess the battery will drain if the car is parked up. Basically it’s a connected car and will be constantly trying to connect to the app, maps and whatever else it connects to.

I’m going away for two weeks next month so it will be parked up at the airport. Does anyone think it’s worth turning off the connection? Can I? Obviously I won’t get any notifications but it’s not as if I can do anything from Portugal - other than stress out if I get notifications.
As mentioned above don't worry about it. I parked mine up for 6 weeks over the summer, got the deep sleep notification after 2 weeks but no problem starting when I got home and (touch wood) no problems since.