So disappointed

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

Neil, the charge system service now message has nothing to do with lack of driving. It has everything to do a fault on the mhev system. Roast that manager next time :)

Chocky

Post by Chocky »

Sparks wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:26 pm keep it in overnight to trickle charge the battery...
Good luck with that. It can take days to recondition a 12V battery and even then it doesn't always work.

If they don't change it sit in the car park with engine off headlights on and all your other electric bits. Watch the volts drop and throw the keys back at them. :twisted:
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Chocky wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:35 pm
Sparks wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:26 pm keep it in overnight to trickle charge the battery...
Good luck with that. It can take days to recondition a 12V battery and even then it doesn't always work.

If they don't change it sit in the car park with engine off headlights on and all your other electric bits. Watch the volts drop and throw the keys back at them. :twisted:
I may just try that.... :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Bigal

Post by Bigal »

The wife’s non hybrid starting displaying the going to sleep message a few weeks ago . The car is driven about 10 miles daily . Stuck a smart charger on it and the battery was fully charged in a couple of hours . That was probably about 2 weeks and no sign of the message yet .....Bigal
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Just had a call from the dealer.
They have charged my battery, which had dropped to 35% and the sleep mode isn't happening now. How long that charge will last is anyone's guess. But, I'll go through the motions and just take it back if it drops again and see if they will change the battery. I guess they won't be convinced it needs changing until it happens at least once more (if it does).
Yesterday, the tech said he'd found the problem with the surround sound, I had my speaker balance slightly to the rear and he had centralised it now and the surround sound was working!!??
I told them that, they had got it wrong and that wasn't surround sound and I explained that there was a fix out there somewhere.
Anyway, surprise, this mornings call informed me that they had found a software update and my surround sound was now fixed.
I'll be picking it up later and hope that it is all working as it should.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

As a matter of interest Sparks who is your dealer.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Allen Ford Nuneaton branch.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Sparks, some pics of the unit I bought on ebay. It works well: plug it in the socket press the starter button once and you get the current temperature and voltage readings. Start the motor and it increases to 14 volts +. So it works better than I first thought.

IMG20210324153809.jpg

[attachment

IMG20210324153929.jpg

IMG20210324153953.jpg

Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Thanks for that Rizmo.
Well I got the car back from the dealers and they have in fact fixed the Surround Sound and it can now be selected. A bit disappointed though, it's not as good as it was in my Fiesta Active. In fact hard to tell the difference from Stereo mode. Ah well, at least it's there now.
Of course the battery charge has worked, just a matter of how long it will last now before it decides to take a nap again.
Interestingly, with the low battery, the front sensor stop sound changed to just a very rapid beep instead of a solid sound. Battery recharged solid sound is back.....
Anyway, Kudos to my dealer....

animated-car-mechanic-image-0007.gif

NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Chocky wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:31 pm Neil, the charge system service now message has nothing to do with lack of driving. It has everything to do a fault on the mhev system. Roast that manager next time :)
The service desk were left under no illusion as to my thoughts on their theory. 😆
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,