So disappointed

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Whilst I accept that leaving cars dormant for months on end isn’t good for them (hybrid or otherwise) spending a small fortune on a modern car shouldn’t come with any caveats as to how often it can/should be driven or for how long/short etc.

If that were the case, it should be advertised as such or else it wouldn’t be fit for purpose.

Just my thoughts that I passed on to the service dept when I took mine in for the ‘charging system service now’ fault and they tried to blame my lack of use/long journeys. I think they knew where I was heading and they didn’t try to push that point.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

NeilS wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:02 pm Whilst I accept that leaving cars dormant for months on end isn’t good for them (hybrid or otherwise) spending a small fortune on a modern car shouldn’t come with any caveats as to how often it can/should be driven or for how long/short etc.

If that were the case, it should be advertised as such or else it wouldn’t be fit for purpose.

Just my thoughts that I passed on to the service dept when I took mine in for the ‘charging system service now’ fault and they tried to blame my lack of use/long journeys. I think they knew where I was heading and they didn’t try to push that point.
Agreed, I'm in the lucky position of not having to work, so, apart from a few trips away, the majority of my travel distances are small about town visits.
My last two cars Fiesta (9 years) Fiesta Active (2 Years) needed no battery maintenance, in fact didn't require the bonnet lifting other than for washer top-ups. I'm not sure why short trips would now become a problem in a modern car.
Mine goes in Tuesday for the sleep problem....We'll see what my dealer has to say, but, I'm expecting some sort of bull. If they fix it (Permanently) without fuss, I'll make sure they get the praise they will certainly deserve. ;) :)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

I’m in a similar position as Sparks, but my Fiesta (6 1/2 years) did develop a battery fault after 5 years (not long after I quit work, so it started sitting on the drive a lot) but a new battery solved those problems

Not had any issues with the Puma as yet despite only averaging 4 miles or so a week (it has a wombat)
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Hope these peoblems sorry them selves out
Linda Turnef

Post by Linda Turnef »

I’m not sure of build date of car but bought it new in Sept 2020. I don’t hold with the theory that the car isn’t been driven enough, the problem started 3 days after it had been driven for over 100miles in one day. Two days after the message appeared I drove it for 50 miles and it didn’t make any difference whatsoever.
alanp

Post by alanp »

Mine was bought just before the first lockdown, it was a 1st edition ex demo, we couldn’t pick it up until things started opening up again, ( may) , I think mine was sat in the compound and the battery went completely flat, which afaik, doesn’t do them any good, I wonder if this is the case with other pumas,?
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

Linda Turnef wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:33 pm I’m not sure of build date of car but bought it new in Sept 2020. I don’t hold with the theory that the car isn’t been driven enough, the problem started 3 days after it had been driven for over 100miles in one day. Two days after the message appeared I drove it for 50 miles and it didn’t make any difference whatsoever.
I think it,s the days you don,t drive in between is the problem.
just my guess , i drive everyday so i don,t have a problem...
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

If I had known I was buying a car which came with a ‘minimum use’ policy or else I’d suffer problems, I’d have bought something else.

I think most of us would agree that if Ford are using this as an excuse, it’s a pretty poor one.

We’ve got 3 other cars in the family, some of which have only been driven 2-3 times during the last year for short to the shops trips, and they have had no trouble.

That said, I’ve been very lucky in comparison to others on here and am still very happy with my choice (for now 😆)
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I think we need to dispel the myth that the sleep problem is caused by not driving the car far enough....
I love the drive and seat position of the Puma, however, I am becoming disillusioned by some of the problems it's suffering.
My view is that it being built in Romania has a lot to do with it. This could be negated to a certain extent by the dealers, but, it looks like some of them are also part of the problem.
Mine is going in tomorrow for the 'Deep Sleep' problem and surround sound fix, lets see if my dealer can rescue reputations.... ;)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Sparks wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:57 am My view is that it being built in Romania has a lot to do with it.
Why?