So disappointed

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

STer wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:10 am Must admit I'm still perplexed as to why anyone on Earth needs an 'app' on a phone connected to a car.

In the cars I got, I kind of use a key fob, get in them, start them up, and then kind of just drive.
Starting the car remotely to warm it up on a cold winters morning or give someone remote access to the car if they don’t have a fob

All niche things though

Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

@STer, I can't agree more.
I used to be over the moon if my car started and didn't break down on the journey! I'd enjoy revving the nuts off it round the country lanes, no "wireless" required, just listened to the burble of the engine.
How times have changed; now we stress over pointless software, missing radio logos and stupid gadgets. And whilst we are distracted by such irrelevancies the cars and motoring freedoms we have always enjoyed are slowly taken away from us. And the very technologies we complain are not working correctly feed back every detail of every journey to manufacturers and governments around the world. Be careful what you wish for....
STer

Post by STer »

JFDIT wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:42 am @STer, I can't agree more.
I used to be over the moon if my car started and didn't break down on the journey! I'd enjoy revving the nuts off it round the country lanes, no "wireless" required, just listened to the burble of the engine.
How times have changed; now we stress over pointless software, missing radio logos and stupid gadgets. And whilst we are distracted by such irrelevancies the cars and motoring freedoms we have always enjoyed are slowly taken away from us. And the very technologies we complain are not working correctly feed back every detail of every journey to manufacturers and governments around the world. Be careful what you wish for....
yes, 100%.

I don't even turn on the radio in a car as i like to hear the engine.

I must admit, the idea of using a phone to warm up the car before i get in, kind of makes me laugh. To each their own I guess.
And you're on the money about motoring freedoms being eroded.

And don't get me on to soulless, transportation pods, 'eevees'.
Deleted User 702

It's the stealth by which the legislation is being introduced that concerns me most.
All Volvos top speed limited to 111.8mph. other manufacturers following suit.
Intelligent Road Sign controlled Speed limiters mandatory on new vehicles: Today default is Off. From 2022 new cars Default is ON with option to turn OFF. From 2024 consideration is being given to limiting Drivers Option to turn OFF.
Autonomous Driving vehicles are apparently coming our way, but Why I ask? I've never heard anyone say what they want most from their new car is for it to be completely self driving. Have you? In fact they already exist, they're called a Taxi or a Bus!
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

JFDIT wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:27 pm It's the stealth by which the legislation is being introduced that concerns me most.
All Volvos top speed limited to 111.8mph. other manufacturers following suit.
Intelligent Road Sign controlled Speed limiters mandatory on new vehicles: Today default is Off. From 2022 new cars Default is ON with option to turn OFF. From 2024 consideration is being given to limiting Drivers Option to turn OFF.
Autonomous Driving vehicles are apparently coming our way, but Why I ask? I've never heard anyone say what they want most from their new car is for it to be completely self driving. Have you? In fact they already exist, they're called a Taxi or a Bus!

I could see self driving as a boon in certain circumstances. Motorway driving for a start. Imagine if all cars on the motorway stuck to the speed limits and the correct lane.

However, for day to day driving I can’t see any reason why I would want to use it.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Deleted User 702

You would be happy as a passenger, no driver, in a fully autonomous Ford? On a Motorway... Running Ford Software! You're a braver man than me 😉
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

JFDIT wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:13 pm You would be happy as a passenger, no driver, in a fully autonomous Ford? On a Motorway... Running Ford Software! You're a braver man than me 😉
I think you still have to be capable of taking over the controls - just like cruise.

We are a long way off fully autonomous driving yet I think.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

Not bad to say this started out a a battery thread :lol:
https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

They have just put in planning for a drone port and flying Taxi service (Not planes) near me. :shock: Looks very futuristic, but, it's coming......Cars won't be far behind...
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Bigal

Post by Bigal »

FirstFord1972 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:56 am Try Ctrl+Alt+Del in the car ...
Was thinking more along the lines of delete all together and drive the thing to the nearest bm garage and trade it in but the wife loves it :D