So disappointed

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
Bigal

Post by Bigal »

JFDIT wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:13 pm You would be happy as a passenger, no driver, in a fully autonomous Ford? On a Motorway... Running Ford Software! You're a braver man than me 😉
Fully automated Ford . Hell we thought for 2 seconds about driving 520 mile to Cornwall in a Ford :shock: the computer says no take the bm :lol:

Bigal

Post by Bigal »

STer wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:10 am Must admit I'm still perplexed as to why anyone on Earth needs an 'app' on a phone connected to a car.

In the cars I got, I kind of use a key fob, get in them, start them up, and then kind of just drive.
To be honest it’s all a gimmick . We’ve been getting deep sleep messages blah blah and it’s going nowhere near the dealers . As I said in another post you wouldn’t know about the battery if there was no app . So the notifications are off . If there’s any problems starting the car then it will be booked in . Touch wood been no problems so far after 9 months :D
Bigal

Post by Bigal »

STer wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:10 am Must admit I'm still perplexed as to why anyone on Earth needs an 'app' on a phone connected to a car.

In the cars I got, I kind of use a key fob, get in them, start them up, and then kind of just drive.
Key fob ??? That’s where it all started to go downhill. Should have stuck to the good old fashioned key in the door lock :lol: :lol:
STer

Post by STer »

JFDIT wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:27 pm It's the stealth by which the legislation is being introduced that concerns me most.
All Volvos top speed limited to 111.8mph. other manufacturers following suit.
Intelligent Road Sign controlled Speed limiters mandatory on new vehicles: Today default is Off. From 2022 new cars Default is ON with option to turn OFF. From 2024 consideration is being given to limiting Drivers Option to turn OFF.
Autonomous Driving vehicles are apparently coming our way, but Why I ask? I've never heard anyone say what they want most from their new car is for it to be completely self driving. Have you? In fact they already exist, they're called a Taxi or a Bus!
I'm with you on this 1984 stuff, 100%.
Disgusting and reminds me of the 'trendy' green cr*p, everything is about banning things.
STer

Post by STer »

JFDIT wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:13 pm You would be happy as a passenger, no driver, in a fully autonomous Ford? On a Motorway... Running Ford Software! You're a braver man than me 😉
Sync 3 would have your back
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

I had the battery issue, then the car went in for 23 days to try and fix all the problems, first thing I had when I got back in the car was the low battery warning when switched off, almost instantly. Given that it had been on full charge, there wasn’t any need for it to happen, Anyway, performed a battery management reset, which cured the problem for a couple of weeks, but the low battery started up again, complained to the dealer who said they’d replace the battery as a gesture of goodwill as it was a constant fault. But during that time, I managed to reject the car so was never replaced.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
NFFC

Post by NFFC »

Daughters car had this message on the app, last year when she was furloughed. As car was not going anywhere, but not had a problem since. Getting used most days so no issue. So could it be that if the car is left stood for a while it drains the battery ?

Not had a issue with the wife’s car 🤞, so hopefully this continues.
Ford Puma ST Line Red 125bhp
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

NFFC wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:33 am Daughters car had this message on the app, last year when she was furloughed. As car was not going anywhere, but not had a problem since. Getting used most days so no issue. So could it be that if the car is left stood for a while it drains the battery ?

Not had a issue with the wife’s car 🤞, so hopefully this continues.
Are you a dealer???? That's the excuse they all give initially..... :lol:
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

I guess the battery will drain if the car is parked up. Basically it’s a connected car and will be constantly trying to connect to the app, maps and whatever else it connects to.

I’m going away for two weeks next month so it will be parked up at the airport. Does anyone think it’s worth turning off the connection? Can I? Obviously I won’t get any notifications but it’s not as if I can do anything from Portugal - other than stress out if I get notifications.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

Personally I would go away and enjoy myself and not worry about it. If it don't start, (if you decide to come back that is) click Roadside on your Fordpass app. Or consult your breakdown company. :D
https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6