Bye Bye Puma-Hello Mercedes A200 Sport Executive Auto

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 566

Post by Deleted User 566 »

Sorry to say after owning my puma for only 3 months with all problems encountered, Battery-Deep sleep-New drivers seat cushion fitted cos uncomfortable due to wire frame protruding through the thin padding-Paint peeling from body kit on bottom of all doors because of a bad design fault with the 5-6mm gap running full length of sills on both sides where all the road dirt and stones get in, All above work sorted under warranty thank ford but im sure ford wont keep on repainting doors for free and Im sure I read somewhere only a 1yr guarantee with paint, So I'm thinking get rid now as going to be harder to sell later on with more miles on an less paint on!!!
O forgot to mention the app notified me early today after getting back home after striking an amazing deal on my 70 plate A200 1.3 163 bhp sport executive 7 speed auto with only 450 miles-app warning me I had 1 or more seriously under inflated tyres, So I went and checked car- all tyres were ok and were still at the pressures, I set 2 weeks ago, ford need to sort things out regarding puma+app problems as they going to lose customers, I haven't totally fallen out with ford cos wife drives a 69 plate fiesta an we both chuffed to bits with it.
Getting merc on monday on way to work, Can't wait to see my work mates faces lol, Cheers to all owners on here and hope you all have a better experience than myself.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Very nice....You did get a bad one and I don't blame you moving to the Merc. Those doors are a problem that they aren't going to fix anytime soon. I love the way mine drives and have, so far, only really had software problems and the deep sleep mode. Booked into dealers to rectify those and have just noticed that the rear nearside wheel arch plastic has lifted slightly in the middle. When I change, as much as I love the drive, I'll be changing to another brand I think.
I guess you had a fair bit of equity in the Puma to move to the Merc. Not sure I could move just yet, but, I'm going to do the round of the dealers once restrictions are lifted totally, It'll be a year old then, so, may get a tickle somewhere....
I think Ford need to get a grip on that Romanian factory....I had no problems with my Fiesta Active and the build was rock solid.
Last edited by Sparks on Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. đźš·đźšł
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Shame you had a bad experience with your puma,I myself own a 2018 fiesta titanium b and o play edition,had it 2 years with no pros at all,100% reliable,im thinking about buying a puma,these faults in build quality and electrics are worrtie :(
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

Ali7487 wrote: ↑Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:09 am Shame you had a bad experience with your puma,I myself own a 2018 fiesta titanium b and o play edition,had it 2 years with no pros at all,100% reliable,im thinking about buying a puma,these faults in build quality and electrics are worrtie :(
It is a shame , but there are people (like me)
That don’t have Any noticeable problems.
It’s almost as if the cars in the UK are different
To the cars here on the continent .
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
alanp

Post by alanp »

I tend to agree, the Puma is a great looking car, probably the best looking in its class, before I bought mine I was tempted by the new captur, but , having owned two French cars in the past, I’m wary of buying one due to niggles and rattles, I didn’t expect the Puma to be like that, it’s a shams as I really like it, but I’ll probably move away from ford for my next car, I quite like the look of the Yaris cross, so I might have a look at that when it’s released ( I am getting on you know) so I could keep that for a long time,
Anyway, enjoy your merc, and let us know what the dealership experience is like, surely it can’t be worse than ford...
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I like a nice Merc but I'd be narked knowing it has a renault engine up front.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

alanp wrote: ↑Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:49 am I tend to agree, the Puma is a great looking car, probably the best looking in its class, before I bought mine I was tempted by the new captur, but , having owned two French cars in the past, I’m wary of buying one due to niggles and rattles, I didn’t expect the Puma to be like that, it’s a shams as I really like it, but I’ll probably move away from ford for my next car, I quite like the look of the Yaris cross, so I might have a look at that when it’s released ( I am getting on you know) so I could keep that for a long time,
Anyway, enjoy your merc, and let us know what the dealership experience is like, surely it can’t be worse than ford...
Not sure about that Yaris Cross interior, I can't find anything to like about it. I've added it to the list for a test though... ;)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. đźš·đźšł
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
alanp

Post by alanp »

Not sure about that Yaris Cross interior, I can't find anything to like about it. I've added it to the list for a test though... ;)

Well yes I’ve only seen pictures of it, but I’m thinking of something I can keep long term, and Toyota usually have a reputation for reliability, according to other motoring forums, the ecoboost engine could explode at any minute...🤪
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Best of luck with the Merc.

Did you part ex the Puma with them? Hopefully you didn’t lose too much!
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

alanp wrote: ↑Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:40 am according to other motoring forums, the ecoboost engine could explode at any minute...🤪
That's been said for years and years.

For an engine to repeatedly win awards tells me its just trolling.