Numerous faults

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
Jinnie

Post by Jinnie »

Hi, just got my first Ford puma st line at the end of january 2021. Love the car but starting to think I’ve got a dud. Within 2 weeks the radio stopped working. Then different warning screens began to appear. On dashboard “emergency call system malfunction. Service requires” comes on whenever I start the car. Then the main media screen “vehicle network communication error”. After a few days of appearing and disappearing the radio is loading alll the time, the audio button doesn’t work and I can’t use the hands free phone. I contacted garage who said that it probably needs an update!! and I should book it into garage. Well, I got my appointment on Wednesday this week. When I went back to collect it they said they needed to order a ‘part’ and it would take a few days. I wasn’t very impressed but they said they would be in touch,to come back and get it fixed. So home i went. The next morning I went out to car and saw a piece of hard plastic lying on the back seat. I realised that it was the panel from under steering wheel. Any way, I was only over the town and home again that day (Thursday). Friday afternoon I went to get into the car. I pressed the key to open it and car gave a small toot as though a part alarm. However the wing mirrors didn’t come out. I opened back door to put a parcel into it and sat in the drivers seat . Pushed the start button and nothing. The car was dead . I got out the car ads couldn’t lock it. Into house to read the manual - couldn’t find anything to help. Phone Ford assist and they said they would sent someone out. Guy came and the car wa dead. Tested,battery. He,said battery dead. Unbolted,battery,and decided he would tow,it to garage. Reconnected battery and it worked!! Now, my kind is telling me that when they were checking the car computer on Wednesday they must have disconnected battery but when I spoke to garage (was told that car still needs to go in for a thorough check) they said no-one should have been under the bonnet! So why did the car ‘die’. Is it something trivial and just shoddy workmanship with mechanic or have I got myself a real dud?? Garage refuses to take it back as it’s over 30 days since I bought it but I first reported the problem 25th February which was less than the 30days. Any advice or like experience would be appreciated

Deleted User 566

Post by Deleted User 566 »

Hi, sorry to hear about your probs, I'm sure you could reject the car back if you did as you say notified them before the 30 days, ford should be able to sort things out under warranty, I myself have sold on my puma yesterday after owning only 3 months ford need to get there act together, Hope you get sorted out soooon, keep getting on to garage tell them you have consumer rights.
Jinnie

Post by Jinnie »

What was wrong with your puma ?
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Jinnie wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:29 pm What was wrong with your puma ?
See here....viewtopic.php?f=7&t=848&start=10
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Deleted User 566

Hi, My puma had most of the electrical faults you see reported on this site+I found drivers seat uncomfortable im broad shoulders an no matter what position i had the back of seat-just want comfy for me-maybe the part leather upgraded ones could be better than the cloth ones in mine.
But paint peeling from bottom of inside all doors on a car not yet 6 months old made my decision to get rid now rather than later, But ill be a little sad to see it go tomo as the shape is a real eye catcher and liked the driving experience.
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

So sorry you and the puma have parted company
Deleted User 566

Well it's not the end of the world, There's always more fish in the sea as they say.
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

There is,kia is worth a look,their xceed looks nice with loads of spec
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

Hi
Im sorry to hear you are receiving numerous faults with your Puma.
I myself also have had a fault and went back to Fords with the fault TRANSMISSION TOO HOT PRESS BRAKE.and after waiting 10 days i finally got her back on Friday and travelled to work this morning happy that i got her back and going down the road i lightly pressed the brake and guess what,,, it was back,the fault, so they didnt fit new part,faulty part,or this particular car will be a problem to its new owner,i will be taking this car back today and hopefully get the cash back that i paid out.
Good luck everyone. :(
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

Maggie wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:49 am Hi
Im sorry to hear you are receiving numerous faults with your Puma.
I myself also have had a fault and went back to Fords with the fault TRANSMISSION TOO HOT PRESS BRAKE.and after waiting 10 days i finally got her back on Friday and travelled to work this morning happy that i got her back and going down the road i lightly pressed the brake and guess what,,, it was back,the fault, so they didnt fit new part,faulty part,or this particular car will be a problem to its new owner,i will be taking this car back today and hopefully get the cash back that i paid out.
Good luck everyone. :(
Good luck you too ......
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....