Numerous faults

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Mine is booked in next week for the sleep problem and OBD cover.
I've got to phone them today and add a problem with my front sensors...instead of a steady sound when you need to stop mine just speeds the beeps up to a sort of chirp. I think it's linked to the battery problem, but, we'll see what wonderment the service department come up with... ;) :)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

Chocky

Post by Chocky »

How was the "vehicle network communication error" fixed by the dealer? That sounds like the root of your problems and maybe what this new part will fix. When the car was dead on your drive disconnecting the 12V battery and reconnecting would have reset the module responsible for controlling ignition, doors, lights etc. Did you put the hard plastic panel back? Did to catch any wires or was car exhibiting problems before replacement?
jald2307

Post by jald2307 »

Hi , I have same issue with warnings on brand new car. Firstly, EML is on permanetnly in bottom left corner of digital dashboard, upon delivery (on 496 miles). I rang and my dealership cant tell me if its to say engine running or is a fault. They said they need to see it so took it down, and engineer said cant tell so will have to book it in. 3 weeks to wait! Then secondly, I now have the “emergency call system malfunction. Service required" warnign every time start car. Thirdly, squeaky brakes especially when reversing. I have had Ford Focus last 4 years and was solid/perfect. The Puma just doesnt seem to be as well built and faults galore.
Further more, Im rather upset at all the inconvenience to me on purchase of a brand new car, and now they say I have to pay £20 admin fee for insurance for courtesy car. I would accept if it was a service but this is a fault under warrnaty and sole reason car going in!
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

Jald, the dealer handed a car over with the engine check light on?
jald2307

Post by jald2307 »

I cant be 100% sure as was delivered driven up from Manchester to Newcastle. So had approx 230 miles. Ive only done 250 in it so now still below 500! I only noticed it after a couple of weeks but cant be sure it wasnt there from the off. Either way what's concerning is they dont appear to even know themselves if is normal (as not as if its in middle of screen or flashing) and their response has been woeful, and now say the courtesy car admin charge is not something the can waive. Im like do you know the inconvenience to me and this is not something I am requesting for my benefit like a service, but something you have failed in provision of goods not fit for purpose with all these warning lights and messages
Jinnie

Post by Jinnie »

My car is now back at the dealership I bought it from. I also have heard from Ford customer service. Garage delivered a courtesy car when they collected my one. That will be a week tomorrow since it was taken in. Ford customer service will phone me again tomorrow to tell me what’s happening . I first reported the problem within the 30 days return time so have told them that if the car fails again they can take it back and give me my money back. Can’t see that happening but have threatened to go to Sunday newspapers if any more hassle. Shame cos I absolutely love driving the puma. Will keep everyone informed of progress
Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

What Is Happening?

The Engine Control System has detected an electrical issue with one of the exhaust emission sensors
ST line X Agate Black 20.25 :D
Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

Last edited by Bluebrazil on Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ST line X Agate Black 20.25 :D
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

Bluebrazil wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:37 pm What Is Happening?
May I suggest you start your own thread to avoid confusing this one.
jald2307

Post by jald2307 »

Right car was booked in today and they had it all day. After hassle with courtesy car admin fee (now waived by the garage), they finally answered and have informed me the EML light i something to do with some exhaust sensors and a new part will take about 5 weeks to arrive. So they so kindly insisted I return their courtesy vehicle and will be booked in again when the part arrives. No response or explanation on the 2nd part of the call emergency system malfunction apart from believe its fixed. Terrible terrible ford after sales service