Getting more affordable now

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Bodes well for trade in time.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Just checked the Ford Direct site. Prices really are going mad! All about £2k up on equivalent motors from three weeks ago.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Madness isnt it,why js that? It means some people are being priced out of a puma and into a craptur,puke and a kamiq
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

quote=Ali7487 post_id=10953 time=1620932692 user_id=135]
Madness isnt it,why js that? It means some people are being priced out of a puma and into a craptur,puke and a kamiq
[/quote]

Supply and demand. Shortage of some parts means new cars have a longer waiting list therefore nearly new are in demand.

With 1400 on the clock I saved £6k on a 26/10/20 motor. Still smells new. Now I’d save £4K. Still a decent saving on new though.

When I bought my 6 month old Focus Diesel Titanium with mega spec and 5k on the clock I saved nearly £10k. That was a 65 plate 2016. Lots of Focuses to choose from. Less so the Puma.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Deleted User 135

Hopefully they will get the shortage sorted out,think.its something called semi conducters is the shortage,at the moment buying one is impossible I don't mind waiting until.prices stabilise
Deleted User 135

Prices going back up instead of dropping,fingers crossed they drop abit next year,even the non hybrids are going for between £17500 and £19500 in titanium form,im glad im in a position to wait,
Seth

Post by Seth »

Waiting could mean even higher price. It's sort of gambling.
Deleted User 135

Hopefully prices will start dropping soon,im looking for a long term car so im looking for a high spec,however im currently leaning towards a skoda either kamiq or scala,seen a scala 1.5 auto with glass roof,power tailgate,auto park etc for £19000 cant get a puma for that,saw a kamiq with Auto park,adaptive cruise control,rear cam blis for £16000,no puma at that price with that spec on,I dont want to buy anything other than a puma,but I feel priced out at the moment,just the waiting is killing me for a price drop
Seth

Post by Seth »

I don't know your situation, but I think that sometimes price shouldn't be the highest priority, especially in long term car.
I was in FB group about Kamiq. Two things were reported all the time:
- water in front reflectors. If dealer agrees to replace as of warranty, new ones have the same problem. I heard from my local dealer (very honest salesman, it's rare) that this is general problem in Skoda.
- back of driver seat does not hold position
For me it's no-go.
I almost cry when configure my Puma (same requirements as yours: long term, high spec [very high to be honest]) but I hope I'm buying car without serious issues. Something like extra pay for no troubles.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Report in today's motoring press says used car prices have soared in the last two months and will continue to do so. Reason: less new cars are being made due to a huge shortage of microchips.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.