It's coming!

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
reddiamond

Post by reddiamond »

Hello all,
Just registered on the site because I have my new Puma on order. The car spec is Desert Island Blue 125PS Mild Hybrid ST-Line Vignale, with extras added : Driver Assistance Pack, Panorama Sunroof and Handsfree Power Tailgate. Really going for it here!
Got in touch with 2 local Ford dealers last week to get quotes - 1 was excellent, 1 was totally useless. Car went on order last Monday. That being earlier than halfway through January, I requested it for 1st March, with the new plate. Best they can offer is first week of April!!!!! That's about 12 weeks lead time. Still, I'm sure it will be worth it.
I was very pleasantly surprised when talking to the dealer and he offered me a test drive. Didn't think that was allowed at present. However, along I went and loved it. Never driven a smaller engine with Ecoboost and was impressed with the performance, made even better by the hybrid battery kicking in.
Been reading the forums on here and noticed all the comments on the scarcity of Pumas on the roads and I can say that in my area in Scotland, I think I have only seen a couple, neither of which is Desert Island Blue, so hoping for some admiring glances when I get mine.
Anyway, I'll be on here from time to time to keep up with your chat.
Cheers.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Welcome to the forum....I doubt you'll regret your decision.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Well done on getting the smaller engine,would be interested in hearing about the daily performance and economy
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Ali7487 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:47 am Well done on getting the smaller engine,would be interested in hearing about the daily performance and economy
Daily performance is brilliant, you wouldn't notice the difference in day to day driving over the 155. Economy between 45 and 60MPG, Averaging around 49/51.....Unless having a 'Sport' day. :D
See the other threads on MPG...
Britton

Post by Britton »

It's not a smaller engine.
155 ST-Line X Vignale
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

reddiamond wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:22 pm Never driven a smaller engine with Ecoboost
Britton wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:13 am It's not a smaller engine.
Being pedantic but op see's the 1.0🦊 as a smaller engine.

Not to be confused with outputs
125ps or 155ps.....

And as stated above. They'll be no noticeable difference as a daily driver.
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Thats good,im looking at a 125 hybdrid or non hybrid, the 155 is out of my price range,set myself a £19k budget,just watching prices at the moment,Im looking for the same spec aa you with Comfort pack,power tailgate,driver assist pack and panoramic roof,hard to find at £19 k at the moment,only non hybrids with that spec
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Wanting the Panoramic roof and comfort pack are boosting your prices....Is the roof really necessary? You'll be looking through the windscreen anyway.. :D Comfort pack? buy a pair of gloves.... ;)
You might be getting into your territory then. Look at these....
https://www.raccars.co.uk/car-56056904?i=1&m=sp

https://www.buyacar.co.uk/ford/puma/pum ... al-3114950
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Sparks wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:56 pm Wanting the Panoramic roof and comfort pack are boosting your prices....Is the roof really necessary? You'll be looking through the windscreen anyway.. :D Comfort pack? buy a pair of gloves.... ;)
You might be getting into your territory then. Look at these....
https://www.raccars.co.uk/car-56056904?i=1&m=sp

https://www.buyacar.co.uk/ford/puma/pum ... al-3114950
You'd make a great salesman....

Don't bother with the comfort pack.... I'll throw in three gloves for a pound.....

😁