new car

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
kam88

Post by kam88 »

hi everyone , just ordered a new puma ST - Line X , in Grey Matter , really looking forward to driving it, was hoping to have had a test drive first but its a no go at the moment with the Covid. I have owned Fords in the recent past so fairly sure the cabin will be comfortable . anyone got any experience of the B&O sound ? certainly could have used the heated front screen this morning !
looking forward to visiting this forum and hearing everyone's experiences.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Hi Welcome.
B&O sound had problems in some early models with the surround function missing. It's been cured since then though, so, you should be OK.
In general it doesn't sound as amazing as you are thinking. I've heard better and a lot worse, so just consider it slight upgrade from the bog standard.
No doubt someone will be along to say how good it is, but, that's the problem with audio quality....Very subjective.
There is a thread covering the B&O system. Here:- viewtopic.php?f=11&t=239
However, that aside, congratulations on your order, I don't think you will be disappointed, it's a lovely car to drive and Grey matter is a beautiful colour for it.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

Yes I would agree with sparks diagnosis of b and o although I don't think there's much different between stereo sound and surround sound but yes it's a nice soundsytem
ST line X Agate Black 20.25 :D
Yellowbert

Post by Yellowbert »

I would also agree. Seems better than the sony system i had in my kuga, but not totally amazing. I have the grey matter and does look lovely

IMG20201006132947.jpg

IMG_20201020_093418.jpg

Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

Very nice although it shows how the light changes the colour
ST line X Agate Black 20.25 :D
paulv

Post by paulv »

hi - I have the B&O system and its not at all unpleasant to listen to
I don't think there is any 'wow!' factor to it though, to me it sounds exactly the same as every other sound system in any car I have ever had
as has been said before though it's very subjective, I was once asked to listen to a £10k audio system and honestly couldn't tell any difference between that and the very basic system I had :)
FORD PUMA ST-LINE X VIGNALE 1.0L ECOBOOST 125PS 7 SPEED AUTOMATIC - LUCID RED
long name... nice car :D
kam88

Post by kam88 »

thanks to all for your thoughts and insights.
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Love grey matter,still looking for a decent spec ex demo at the moment,plenty of non hybrids about with awesome specs ,plenty of titanium s about with power tailgate,driver assist pack and comfort pack s