Do I buy a hybrid or non hybrid

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
alanp

Post by alanp »

Problem I have is, I didn’t buy from them, I bought a new fiesta from them in 2017, happy with the deal but it developed a fault with the gearbox not going into gear smoothly, I mentioned it a few times, one of the service guys test drove it, but they weren’t interested, I should have rejected it from day one as it only came with the reverse camera and no sensors, ( they fitted these at a later date) , I bought my Puma from lookers Harrogate, an ex demo ,right colour and price, especially as they cocked up paying off the remaining finance on the fiesta and not charging me for it, but they have closed down and my nearest lookers is either Leeds or Middlesbrough, so I use Lawton’s purely for convenience
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Maybe it'll be worth the 30 minute or so drive...See if you can get a free courtesy and leave it with them for a couple of days....Seems your dealer thinks he has no competition and isn't bothering.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
alanp

Post by alanp »

I don’t think lookers have that great a reputation either judging by the reviews, however , I’ve never used them for service or repairs, so I can’t really comment, we have a stone ready ford at the other side of the city, I would go to lookers but with the pandemic an all that....
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Lookers are good,I had a focus from there,the car was lovely,the service great, would go there again, but not sure if they are still open,I would like a titanium or a stline hybrid,but cant find a good spec at a good price at the moment,had to lower my budget to £18000,due my current car dropping in value,lawtons offered me £8000 for a part ex
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Ali, you say that bad credit rating is keeping you back. Have you actually been and talked to the finance manager at a dealers? It's his job to get the sale (notice how so called sales reps disappear into his office each time you laugh at their figures). Unless, you are bankrupt, there should be a deal out there somewhere. a friend of mine is driving around in a new Peugeot 3008 and his credit rating took a dive when he lost his job at the beginning of last year.
You may be surprised, especially with deposit you have.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Deleted User 135

I can slap a £5000 deposit down no probs lol,if I can get a hybrid titanium or stline with comfort pack, power tailgate,,panoramic roof,driver assist pack and privacy glass then I will be game,only getting non hybrids with that spec at the moment at my price range,is the much difference between hybrid and non hybrid?
VengasUK

Post by VengasUK »

Ali7487, i hope this story helps you. I have been driving a 14 year old C Max 1.6 petrol wanting to replace it for about the last 3 years as i got fed up of the constant back and forth to the garage with “oh it needs this and it needs that”. As well as the non existent fuel economy of it which i believe i was getting no more than about 26 mpg and that gutless engine carrying all of that body weight here in Cyprus where even joining the motorway is an up hill entrance which can get you in to trouble as no one will move over for you to join, meant the next car must address those issues. And so for the last 2 years, i set my sights on Toyota C HR mainly for the hybrid side of things and then along came Puma. I went to Ford and i went to Toyota, studied both cars for months after they gave me their best deals in which the Toyota was about 5k dearer than the Ford for similar spec. I went to Ford and asked if they had a Puma ST Line X 155 with driver assistance and Keyless packs in frozen white. No was the reply it is a 3 month order. There were no other colours with any of those packs. The dealer told me i would get an extra €1500 part ex if i chose an existing car and so i went with Grey Matter with a black roof and it is so much more advanced than my aged C Max that i am so far until the problems begin, very happy with the car. I only wanted driver assistance for the front sensors which i hope to get separately and i can live without the keyless but the important issues i mentioned with the C Max have been resolved by purchasing this car. If the C Max had not needed another €1000 spending on it, i would have easily had the patience to wait for their stock to be replaced with the perfect choice car for me so i could actually haggle for the exact first choice car. Because this car will not be kept for anywhere near 14 years (i hope), then next time i will buy with patience.
Deleted User 135

I have had 2 cmax,both diesals,I definitely want keyless for the electric tailgate and driver assist,love the comfort pack to,I dont mind waiting patiently for the right car
VengasUK

Post by VengasUK »

Wait and get a hybrid if you dont mind. As the automatic hybrids become available in a couple of months, it wont be long before people begin parting with their manuals to get one of them and so there should be more fully loaded ones available.
Deleted User 135

I will,then it should the same to run as my present fiesta,thats a 1.0 ecoboot 100ps b and o play edition with loads of spec