Do I buy a hybrid or non hybrid

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

I have been on this forum for a while while trying to save up for a puma, also been deciding what trim and budget I want to go to,its a titanium with a £19k budget,the non hybrid titaniums are coming out with absolutely awesome specs including comfort pack,driver assist pack,power tailgate,tech pack, black roof and b and o stereo,yet alot of hybrids are coming with nothing, im looking at keeping this car for at least 3 to 5 years,im hoping some high spec hybrids will come out in 2021 as I cant afford to by new

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Think they're all hybrid now (new) except for dct autos. So as the months go by you should see higher spec hybrids getting cheaper. Be interesting to know the long term mpg of hybrid vs non hybrid. You can see then which is better value.

Doubt we'll ever see the diesel version and perhaps the platform does not suit phev due to weight.

I think your options will widen by the time you're ready to buy.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I sent you a link to a ST-Line X FE that looked a bargain....you haven't said if you looked or not.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

Ali7487 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:03 pm I have been on this forum for a while while trying to save up for a puma, also been deciding what trim and budget I want to go to,its a titanium with a £19k budget,the non hybrid titaniums are coming out with absolutely awesome specs including comfort pack,driver assist pack,power tailgate,tech pack, black roof and b and o stereo,yet alot of hybrids are coming with nothing, im looking at keeping this car for at least 3 to 5 years,im hoping some high spec hybrids will come out in 2021 as I cant afford to by new
I would buy a hybrid every time ..... it's not just the milage.... it's also cheaper roadtax (here in Holland) and you have more tork
and so better acceleration .
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
paulv

Post by paulv »

i wanted the automatic vignale so had to do without the hybrid - and I do not miss the hybrid at all
I had a mondeo vignale hybrid prior to my new car, and never really noticed much of a benefit, I'm not an expert at all but I always felt that ford hybrids are still fossil fuel cars in the main and the electric engine provides little other than novelty value
FORD PUMA ST-LINE X VIGNALE 1.0L ECOBOOST 125PS 7 SPEED AUTOMATIC - LUCID RED
long name... nice car :D
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Apart from the auto they're all hybrid now. I believe there is a fuel advantage with the hybrid system if the car is driven correctly. The little ecoboost struggles to show good mpg when it is pushed. The hybrid system takes some of that work.

The Mondeo was never going to work. Big mileage on motorways means you're just dragging a battery about. It was Fords rushed bodge to get in the game. Buy a diesel. Simple.

Around town (stop/starts a plenty) hybrids earn their keep.

Essentially a lot of buy the wrong car for the job.

If you want a proper hybrid buy a Toyota. Everyone else just seems to be playing at it to earn CO2 credits.

Small journeys hybrid or small turbo petrol. Medium journeys, some town, some motorway miles, plug in. Big motorway miles diesel or full electric.
Deleted User 135

Still undecided on a hybrid or non hybrid,its the non hybrids that are looking very tempting ,I mean £18.5 key with comfort pack,power tailgate,driver assist oack,digital dashboard and b and o play system,
Deleted User 135

Still cant decide,lawtons of tadcaster doing a magnetic grey titanium non hybrid with power tailgate,comfort pack,driver assist pack,privacy glass,technology pack with roof rails for a £5 under £18k they also have a hybrid with all that stuff plus panoramic roof in white for £1k more,savings up to £6k now,I will get there guys,just taking time
alanp

Post by alanp »

Ali7487 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:01 pm Still cant decide,lawtons of tadcaster doing a magnetic grey titanium non hybrid with power tailgate,comfort pack,driver assist pack,privacy glass,technology pack with roof rails for a £5 under £18k they also have a hybrid with all that stuff plus panoramic roof in white for £1k more,savings up to £6k now,I will get there guys,just taking time
Lawton’s is the garage I use, I find that , the sales department are excellent,but the service side are only interested when something is actually wrong, asking about updating/calibration of the traffic sign recognition, was met with blank stares,
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

alanp wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:55 am
Ali7487 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:01 pm Still cant decide,lawtons of tadcaster doing a magnetic grey titanium non hybrid with power tailgate,comfort pack,driver assist pack,privacy glass,technology pack with roof rails for a £5 under £18k they also have a hybrid with all that stuff plus panoramic roof in white for £1k more,savings up to £6k now,I will get there guys,just taking time
Lawton’s is the garage I use, I find that , the sales department are excellent,but the service side are only interested when something is actually wrong, asking about updating/calibration of the traffic sign recognition, was met with blank stares,
That is disgusting behaviour from the dealer...... Find another one, complain to Ford, then have some fun with parking up outside with large notices about their crap service.....Nothing else to do these days.... ;) :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.