What's the ST like to drive?

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Anybody driven one yet?
Took a risk and ordered one way before the press reviews, my delivery is expected just before Xmas and even before my dealer gets his.
I have read a very mixed bag of press reports. A corker, fun, platform is ruined, sharp steering, hard ride, very responsive brakes, brilliant engine/gear box, seats a tight fit, seats fantastic. But as far as I know and apart from the motoring press no one (Joe public) yet in the UK has got behind the wheel of the ST version?
Don't get me wrong was happy to take the risk knowing just how good the Ford Performance people are at getting it right. I have had my fair share of performance cars over the years, my last being a Focus RS MK3. So can the Puma ST be as hard a ride as many suggest, I very much doubt it as it really depends on expectations and on exactly what they are putting it up against.
One comparison being made is the Puma ST, is not unlike the Focus RS MK1, from a performance, ride and size point of view and if that's the case then it's no bad thing.