looking at buying the puma..

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
steve67

Post by steve67 »

Hi All
As the title says , looking at buying a puma, maybe..
just a few questions-
looking at the stline x 155.. with the extra pack that adds front sensors and reversing camera etc, is this a good choice?
been with mazda for 6 years and found them ultra reliable, how have you found the ford puma?
what is the best deal/ discount anyone has got on the car?

thanks in advance..

steve

FF33

Post by FF33 »

Have had my ST-Line X 155 for a little over a month and am really pleased with it. I didn’t bother with the front sensors but with hindsight I wish I had added them - it’s taking a lot longer than anticipated to get used to the length! The heated seats and steering wheel I added have been put to good use so if you like toasted buns, that’s a good add on. Can’t really judge reliability yet but so far so good. Would definitely recommend CarWow to get a good deal - I had 3 dealerships all cutting their prices to get the sale but eventually went with my local one who managed to better the best price. Good luck with your potential purchase.
paulv

Post by paulv »

I'll start by saying that I am very biased towards Fords, had them now for more than 40 years, so I would always say it would be a good choice
I've had my Puma since September, and i can thoroughly recommend it
mines the 1litre 125ps - I've had a number of Focuses (Focii??) over the years with that engines, and always found it nippy enough for me, so I'm sure you'll love the 155
I had a mondeo vignale auto prior to this, so went for the auto vignale again. As FF33 says, the heated seats and heated steering wheel are a good addon, I've had heated seats on previous models for a number of years but never been able to get a heated steering wheel up to now - it really is the best thing I think :)
I've heard a lot of good talk about Mazdas so it will be down to your personal choice at the end of the day - I have stuck with fords now for so long it would take a lot for me to want to move elsewhere. I'm not sure if there is a Mazda equivalent to the Puma but I think you would need to go a long way to find a car as fine looking as the Puma elsewhere
anyway if you do decide on a Puma I think you will enjoy it
FORD PUMA ST-LINE X VIGNALE 1.0L ECOBOOST 125PS 7 SPEED AUTOMATIC - LUCID RED
long name... nice car :D
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

steve67 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:27 pm Hi All
just a few questions-
looking at the stline x 155.. with the extra pack that adds front sensors and reversing camera etc, is this a good choice?
been with mazda for 6 years and found them ultra reliable, how have you found the ford puma?

thanks in advance..

steve

What else is on your shortlist? I looking to go back to Mazda after a few years away. You will notice the difference in build quality/fit and finish. There isn't a car manufacturer without faults these days. It's all about perceived quality, Mazda have issues with their skyactiv X engines. I would have gone for a CX-30 over the Puma. But hindsight is 20/20 right.

I've had my Puma since Feb. FE155. It's a great drive. Goes well and is refined. It's returning diesel like economy and handles really well for a small cross over (or whatever you want to call it).

Most issues are with modules, paint and rattles. I don't think the build quality inspires confidence in the car. Lets it down in my opinion. It feels fragile and I don't think I'd own one outside of warranty.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

Thanks for the feed back. The only reason for looking at the puma is that the Mrs doesn't like the cx30.. she preferred the cx3..we have the g spec engine and it's great. 49 mpg around town. 56 ish on a run. Build quality with Mazda has been faultless, we've have Mazda's for the last 5 yes...
The only gripe is paint thickness, but I think it's across all manufacturers since changing to water based... looking at deals available, the puma is looking unlikely for us at the moment, as it coming it at the same money as the cx30 with less spec.. so we may have a re thinks.. unless a dealer has to hit targets and gives a puma away.. we're looking for a car to keep due to Retirement,..
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Im looking to buy next year,cant decide between non hybrid and hybrid,some non hybrid titanium s on the market with absolutely awesome specs including comfort pack,driver assist pack,power tailgate,tech pack etc,fully loaded,worth looking into,I have had the 125 and the 100 which powers my fiesta its been faultless
sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

steve67 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:27 pm Hi All
just a few questions-

thanks in advance..

steve
https://www.carwow.co.uk/
https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6
steve67

Post by steve67 »

I've contacted a few via carwow.. waiting for a deal.. only doing 10% discount.. I know they do 14%
Mike

Post by Mike »

If you use Carlow as a start and I saved another 30/ month. Evans halshaw have decent deals on. Was originally going with lookers until the day of signing and the cash back for my car suddenly dropped so I left.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Evans have done great ex demos,save 1000,s on new ,with awesome specs including comfort pack,driver assist pack,powered tailgate,tech pack etc,have a look