A couple of ST questions...

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
Mr R

Post by Mr R »

Hi all,

Seriously considering an ST for March 2021 delivery... still debating options and colour, but definitely won’t be Mean Green! Can any ST-Line owners help with a few questions?

Which exterior lights are LED lit, in particular are the front fogs LED, as I understand they are also the cornering lights? Are the rear indicators just standard bulbs?

Can you display Nav/maps on the large screen behind the steering wheel?

Do you always need to tap the door handle twice to double lock with the comfort access?

Thanks for any info! :)

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Go mean Green. I would....

Front fogs are l.e.d

Rear indicators, fog and reverse are not, I think.

There is no display of map on the dash a la MB or VAG, top centre displays next turn info only.

Yes, keyless requires a double press of the door handle to double lock. I normally press once, wait for the mirrors to fold and then press again.

Have you test driven one yet? One of the main reasons for trading my fiesta ST was the stiff set up. I got tired of it on crap UK roads in the end.

They have also taken the recaro seats straight out of the Fiesta. A lot of people seem to struggle with the side bolsters, especially if you've enjoyed a few pies during lock down

I'd like to test drive the Puma ST to see what compromises they've made.
Mr R

Post by Mr R »

Thanks for this info @Wdf76

I don’t think dealers are getting the ST until the new year, but definitely want a test drive when they’re in the showrooms.

The stiff setup will probably be ok, as I’ve owned an Audi S3 before and reckon it shouldn’t be much worse!

Recaro seats hopefully ok too as I’m in good shape. 😁

It would be the first SUV I’ve owned, so the driving position is probably the key thing for me.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

I'm not sure the Puma should be called an SUV
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Rizmo wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:08 pm I'm not sure the Puma should be called an SUV
But it is, mainly because it doesn't fit anywhere else and that's where the market is.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Rizmo wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:08 pm I'm not sure the Puma should be called an SUV
Falls in the crossover SUV category.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
LinTheGin

Post by LinTheGin »

I say just go for it. I picked up my ST on Saturday - yes I do work at Ford and managed to get it fast tracked, cos I am kind of impatient !! ha ha ha, and I love him. Yes he is bloody nippy in sports mode. Not yet had a chance to try out launch control, may see if I can get away with it at Dunton when its a bit quieter :D . The screen info is just on the central screen, nothing on the LCD dash, yes I agree the recaros are a tight squeeze if you are carrying that little extra lockdown weight, the ride position is great, and it is classed as a crossover internally. I went for the desert island Blue - photo on another thread - as much I really liked the green i just couldnt bring myself to order and own one. The Grey Matter would look great on the ST as well.
Puma ST 1.5 turbocharged 'Super Bert' in Desert Island Blue - my Baby :P
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

LinTheGin wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:00 pm Not yet had a chance to try out launch control,
You got the performance pack yeah? Be interesting to know how well the LSD pulls 'super bert' out of corners....

When I got my FiST it had 50miles on the clock when I launched it. Not clever I know but I couldn't help myself. Never used it again after that. 😁
LinTheGin

Post by LinTheGin »

@wdf76, yes I do, but knowing me I will bottle it 😂😂 although wheel spinning it this morning certainly made his prescence felt with security 🤣🤣 just a tad too wet on the tarmac and with less than 30 miles on the clock I think I will leave it until spring.
Puma ST 1.5 turbocharged 'Super Bert' in Desert Island Blue - my Baby :P