Another Puma ordered

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
microbe

Post by microbe »

I thought I would introduce myself in the "official" thread as I have already posted a thread about automatic/manual gearboxes.

I have today ordered an automatic Desert Island Blue 2020 Puma ST-Line X with the comfort and driver assistance packs. Delivery to the dealer is scheduled for Christmas week but I'm not sure how that will affect me taking delivery.

I currently drive a Porsche Macan but lockdown, job changes and retirement have all reduced our mileage to 1500 this calendar year, with most of those being done by my wife. An unprompted email from Porsche prompted me to think about selling and I received an offer that I considered fair (55% of buying price after 4 years of ownership). Rather surprisingly the Ford garage I am buying from have offered a very similar price so that I would swap a 4 year Porsche for the new Puma and £6,600.

I went for the Puma as I like the shape and size and from certain angles looking at the front and back it has similar looks to the Macan. It has a little more up to date technology than the Porsche but of course the engines don't compare (3litre V6 against a 3 pot 1 litre. The ride is not as good but the Puma is acceptable, certainly for the mileage I will be doing.

I will be a regular visitor to the forum, if not a regular poster
Puma ST-Line X 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Desert Island Blue 2021

robgee

Post by robgee »

Welcome , did you go for the 155 or 125 ST-Line X ?
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
microbe

Post by microbe »

I went for the automatic which is only available in the 125. I was content with it's performance on my second drive today
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Glad you came to a decision on the Puma that suited you best.

Keep us posted along the way.

Enjoy the last of the Macan.... I know I would.
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

Amazing, I had someone very early on comment on my Puma saying from a distance in the car park they thought it was a Porsche SUV.

Let us know how you get on with the Auto. My next Puma when I give my current one back in a years time will hopefully be the Mild Hybrid Auto that they're supposed to be releasing for the focus/fiesta/puma by the end of the year/early next year.
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.
microbe

Post by microbe »

The front and rear lights are very like the Porsche. The large front lights are more or less the same shape and a similar size. The bonnet on the Porsche extends a little further but the whole design is very Porsche like. The split rear lights are like those on mine and from a distance the body shape is Macan like. I think these are the reasons I was attracted to the Puma as a replacement
microbe

Post by microbe »

I handed my Porsche over to the Ford garage today and finally signed all the paperwork for my new car. The rep told me that my car is scheduled to be built next week and delivery to them could be end of November or very early December. It would be quite coincidental if I collected it on the 7th of December as that is the day I collected my Porsche 4 years ago. I suspect handover will not be quite as grand.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

microbe wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:20 am I suspect handover will not be quite as grand.
That's good news, out of interest what's a Porsche handover like?

Very German and efficient? A fanfare of trumpeters and red carpet? I can only imagine.
microbe

Post by microbe »

It may have changed with the pandemic but when I collected mine 4 years ago it included flowers for my wife, a gift in the boot and a mounted photograph of the car in all it's glory. We were given tea/coffee and unlimited biscuits on arrival and the car itself was in the showroom covered with a silky cloth that slipped off very easily. After unveiling and a walk around the engine was started and the roar from the 6 cylinder 3 litres was amazing.

On the plus side I am not getting the hard sell for gap insurance or some kind of treatment that I got in Porsche.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

microbe wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:09 pm It may have changed with the pandemic but when I collected mine 4 years ago it included flowers for my wife, a gift in the boot and a mounted photograph of the car in all it's glory. We were given tea/coffee and unlimited biscuits on arrival and the car itself was in the showroom covered with a silky cloth that slipped off very easily. After unveiling and a walk around the engine was started and the roar from the 6 cylinder 3 litres was amazing.

On the plus side I am not getting the hard sell for gap insurance or some kind of treatment that I got in Porsche.
Just wait till you hear the roar of the 3 cylinder 1 litre. 😃