Hi from newbie with problems.

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
colsan

Post by colsan »

Hello to all,
Collected my new Puma a week ago. ST Line X First Edition with Plus Pack. 155PS. Metropolis White.
So far I have an orange airbag light standing on instrument cluster.
Power tailgate is very hit and miss to open hands free and from tailgate handle. Maybe one in ten attempts it works.
Opens O.K. from button inside car and from remote fob.
Traffic signs not changing as they should.
Booked into dealer next week. I will update as and when.

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Welcome along.

Some of us have had the issues you describe.

There is no keyless detector on the tailgate handle. It will only work if the car is unlocked. There is a sensor under the bumper for you to open with your foot. Mine is hit and miss just like yours. Some have it working perfectly.

There is a software update for sign recognition.

Sure your passenger airbag is active? Have you checked the settings?

Those niggles aside, hope you like it
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

I'm sure mine opens with fob in pocket, will check. There's an antenna shown on back rear quarter of car.

Screenshot_20200730-083954_Chrome Beta.jpg

Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Stevep999 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:43 am I'm sure mine opens with fob in pocket, will check. There's an antenna shown on back rear quarter of car.
Could this be linked to foot opening problems?
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

I'm wondering how much 'waking' the sleep enabled fobs need. If its left in your pocket how much movement wakes it ?
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

Wdf76 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:18 am Welcome along.

Some of us have had the issues you describe.

There is no keyless detector on the tailgate handle. It will only work if the car is unlocked. There is a sensor under the bumper for you to open with your foot. Mine is hit and miss just like yours. Some have it working perfectly.

There is a software update for sign recognition.

Sure your passenger airbag is active? Have you checked the settings?

Those niggles aside, hope you like it
Mine opens from the button on the tailgate when the car is locked if the fob is in the pocket.
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.
rich63

Post by rich63 »

My tailgate opens by foot when the cars locked, when cars unlocked i cannot open by foot only by buttons on car or key.
ST Line X FE+
Comfort Pack
Lucid Red
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

rich63 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:45 pm My tailgate opens by foot when the cars locked, when cars unlocked i cannot open by foot only by buttons on car or key.
Can you open by button when locked?

If there is a rear antenna then mine must be goosed.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Stevep999 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:18 pm I'm wondering how much 'waking' the sleep enabled fobs need. If its left in your pocket how much movement wakes it ?
I've stood at the back of my puma, dangling the key and trying to kick the boot open at the same time...... Nothing has happened.
rich63

Post by rich63 »

Wdf76 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:00 pm
rich63 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:45 pm My tailgate opens by foot when the cars locked, when cars unlocked i cannot open by foot only by buttons on car or key.
Can you open by button when locked?

If there is a rear antenna then mine must be goosed.
Sorry taken time to reply,
No i cannot open the tailgate using the button when car is locked , only opens using my foot.
ST Line X FE+
Comfort Pack
Lucid Red