Picking my Puma up next week

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
Puma155

Post by Puma155 »

Thanks for the add. I currently have a Suzuki Vitara 1.6 sz5 and thought that I would treat myself for my 50th birthday and get a new car. It was a toss up between the Puma and Seat Ateca, the Puma won!

After a bit of research I decided that the first edition plus ticked all the boxes. Went to my local ford dealers, Bristol Street Motors, (they could spec a Puma to a 1st edition plus for £28k) , but they had none in group stock, neither did Evans Halshaw, so I turned to Google.

I found a brand new one at Scunthorpe, £4k cheaper than Bristol Street Motors. I live in County Durham and have a 250 mile round trip to get it, but its worth the drive for the saving.

puma1.jpg

puma.jpg

Last edited by Puma155 on Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ST-Line X First Edition Plus Lucid Red

ejp26

Post by ejp26 »

Hi there,
Hopefully you will love it. I treated myself back in June to a new Titanium Ecoboost and love it. It pays to shop around!!
Puma155

Post by Puma155 »

Thank you am sure I will love it, I had the 1 litre eco boost 125 focus before the vitara and regretted changing cars. Having said that, when the focus was fully loaded, I was up and down the gear box like a yo-yo and not so with the vitara, and I'm getting 50+ mpg's with the vitara but it doesn't have as much technology as the Puma
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Have you gone for a 155 hybrid? It makes loads of torque low down. You'll not be shifting like you used to in the Focus. It's clever tech, when it works... 😄
Puma155

Post by Puma155 »

Yeah its the 155 hybrid, I went for the 155 for more torque to overcome the gear changes, not liking your comment when it works lol
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I'm joshing. Some people are having issues. We're all waiting to see what Ford come back with, with regards to mhev issues. I'm 6 months and 3k miles into ownership. I'm showing 46mpg from day one and 49 tank to tank. It's a nice car to drive, goes well in sport mode, is refined and comfortable. I've come to Puma after a load of Ford ST's. In my opinion only, you've made a good choice.
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Heard great things about the 155 to,sayjng that I bet the 125 non hybrid would b e good to,I had a 125 focus and that drove great, like all roads were flat, was great on fuel,I drive a fiesta 100 ps , titanium b and o play edition, which is awesome on fuel dose about £12 to £15 a week to work and back n shopping,,the differance in fuel dont matter, because I don't drive as much as I used toI 9000 miles in a year and a half,,only 20500 miles from new,would have another normal eco boost,but the non hybrids are hard to find
Puma155

Post by Puma155 »

Picked up my 50th Birthday present yesterday :D . Absolutely love it.
On the way back we noticed that the passenger airbag light was lit up.
At first I thought it might be that the airbag was turned off, but after checking the settings, the airbag is on and I can't deactivate it. So I will have to get in touch with my local ford dealer on Tuesday.

Screenshot_20200829-180612_Gallery.jpg

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Glad you like it.

Shouldn't your passenger always be activated? Only deactivated when a child seat is fitted to the passenger seat.
Puma155

Post by Puma155 »

I think if the passenger airbag is deactivated, the light stays on. Mine hasn't been deactivated and I cant deactivate it and the light is on at all times.