HELLO TO ALL From A Newbie

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
garjas65

Post by garjas65 »

PaulD wrote: ↑Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:57 am
garjas65 wrote: ↑Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:52 am Thanks to all for your welcome messages. Unfortunately Wfd76 my car had no heated seats so no comfort pack. The car was in the showroom and I bought it as it was. I would have had to place an new factory order to get everything but I'm quite happy with it so I'll just have to put extra woolies on in winter lol. As for the hands free I just assumed that it wasn't fitted because I've tried numerous times with no luck. I can't even see anything that resembles a sensor under the bumper. But if you all say that if its a first edition plus it should work I guess I'll have to go onto the moors somewhere to hone my skills lol. Nice to hear also that most have had the recall issue sorted.
The only thing I need to get used to is locking the car via the handle because I'm not used to doing it but in my mind I know I don't need to use my key and have walked away without locking it lol. I can lock and unlock through the ford pass app though but I won't be using it but nice and gimmicky all the same. One final thing that I want to mention is torque steer especially in sport mode . Is this something you've all experienced? I was maybe thinking its because the tyres need bedding in but I've done 600 miles now and when you put the boot down you do get a pull on the wheel. Finally dont want to seem dumb but how do you reply to individual posts ? Not very savvy with tech. πŸ˜†
Thanks all once again.
See attached Jpeg Quote.jpg
Cheers thats sorted that πŸ‘πŸ‘

garjas65

Post by garjas65 »

Wdf76 wrote: ↑Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:10 pm
garjas65 wrote: ↑Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:52 am
The only thing I need to get used to is locking the car via the handle because I'm not used to doing it but in my mind I know I don't need to use my key and have walked away without locking it lol. I can lock and unlock through the ford pass app though but I won't be using it but nice and gimmicky all the same.

One final thing that I want to mention is torque steer especially in sport mode . Is this something you've all experienced? I was maybe thinking its because the tyres need bedding in but I've done 600 miles now and when you put the boot down you do get a pull on the wheel.
You can disable the keyless operation if that makes you more comfortable. Just use the fob to lock/unlock as before. If the mirrors are folded in, the car is locked.

Yes, I too get a bit of torque steer. Normally in sports mode and pushing on. When you floor it you get full engine and hybrid boost.

I have the 18" rims with ecocontact tyres. Grip levels are not the best.

Stand a bit further away from the back of the car when trying to kick the tailgate open. Nothing will happen if it senses you're too close.
Thanks a lot. I'll give the tailgate another go. I'm running on 225/40/19 Goodyear F1 asymmetric 3 and they feel grippy round the corners. I think I'm getting more used to the keyless system as time goes on so should be OK. πŸ‘
Cheers
garjas65

Post by garjas65 »

alanp wrote: ↑Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:00 pm Hello and welcome from me, glad your enjoying your Puma, grey matter is a nice colour too
Thanks for the welcome πŸ‘
garjas65

Post by garjas65 »

robgee wrote: ↑Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:16 pm Hi and welcome ,

I am sure other people will be around to say hi soon. The airbag recall affected a lot of us but it was on delivery times as Ford wouldn't release cars until it had been fixed.

It takes a bit of practice to use the hands free tailgate so would try when you have a spare five minutes when no one is looking as it does seem strange at first
Thanks for the welcome and info πŸ‘
garjas65

Post by garjas65 »

veng92 wrote: ↑Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:47 am Welcome! I wonder who the unlucky sod was that had the airbag cover hit them in the face in a brand new Puma :lol:
Hopefully it was just found in further testing..
Thanks for the welcome. Thats what I got told at garage about the airbag so not sure if true or just sales talk lol but had it done anyway before collection so alas good πŸ‘
veng92

Post by veng92 »

garjas65 wrote: ↑Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:52 am Thanks to all for your welcome messages. Unfortunately Wfd76 my car had no heated seats so no comfort pack. The car was in the showroom and I bought it as it was. I would have had to place an new factory order to get everything but I'm quite happy with it so I'll just have to put extra woolies on in winter lol. As for the hands free I just assumed that it wasn't fitted because I've tried numerous times with no luck. I can't even see anything that resembles a sensor under the bumper. But if you all say that if its a first edition plus it should work I guess I'll have to go onto the moors somewhere to hone my skills lol. Nice to hear also that most have had the recall issue sorted.
The only thing I need to get used to is locking the car via the handle because I'm not used to doing it but in my mind I know I don't need to use my key and have walked away without locking it lol. I can lock and unlock through the ford pass app though but I won't be using it but nice and gimmicky all the same. One final thing that I want to mention is torque steer especially in sport mode . Is this something you've all experienced? I was maybe thinking its because the tyres need bedding in but I've done 600 miles now and when you put the boot down you do get a pull on the wheel. Finally dont want to seem dumb but how do you reply to individual posts ? Not very savvy with tech. πŸ˜†
Thanks all once again.

I just realised when you mentioned torque steer, it is apparent for me too in sport mode. To be expected with FWD cars that have a bit of punch to them, but not enough for me to notice it as a bad thing. My old Fiat coupe 20vt would torque steer itself off the road if you let it :lol:
Ford Puma ST-Line X 1st Ed
Desert Blue
garjas65

Post by garjas65 »

veng92 wrote: ↑Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:50 am
Thanks all once again.

I just realised when you mentioned torque steer, it is apparent for me too in sport mode. To be expected with FWD cars that have a bit of punch to them, but not enough for me to notice it as a bad thing. My old Fiat coupe 20vt would torque steer itself off the road if you let it :lol:
Its a nice kind of torque steer because you know its the power being thrown to the wheels. Think that's why on the focus st the steering and suspension are changed in sport mode to counteract this but that was another good bit of money more than my puma πŸ˜†