New Puma on order

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
dave t

Post by dave t »

Placed my order last week for Titanium Ecoboost Automatic in Solar Silver with the following extras: Driver Assistance Pack, Panoramic Sunroof, Comfort Pack, Mini Spare Wheel and Detachable Tow Bar. Expected delivery is for mid September, or sooner hopefully! My first Ford for over twenty years; can't wait.
Dave T
Solar Silver Titanium Automatic.

garjas65

Post by garjas65 »

Hi there
Was just wondering about the mini spare wheel you mentioned. Where exactly will this be kept within the vehicle.? I'm assuming that the car you are getting still has the mega box or do they make pumas without the megabox and replaced it with a tyre well. Just curious really.

Thanks, enjoy the car đź‘Ť
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

garjas65 wrote: ↑Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:58 pm Hi there
Was just wondering about the mini spare wheel you mentioned. Where exactly will this be kept within the vehicle.? I'm assuming that the car you are getting still has the mega box or do they make pumas without the megabox and replaced it with a tyre well. Just curious really.

Hi, to quote my order “reduces the size of the mega box”. Titanium Auto with every option minus tow bar. Buying the 7 DCT blind.
zoo

Post by zoo »

I think when you order the car with a spare wheel, you lose the megabox in the boot (there is no megabox at all).
ejp26

Post by ejp26 »

zoo wrote: ↑Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:41 pm I think when you order the car with a spare wheel, you lose the megabox in the boot (there is no megabox at all).
Yes that's what I was told when i tried to order one to add on.The sales guy was a bit dismissive and asked me how many times I had needed a spare wheel, the answer being none so I said I'd do without then.
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

zoo wrote: ↑Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:41 pm I think when you order the car with a spare wheel, you lose the megabox in the boot (there is no megabox at all).

Here an extract from my Build & Price. It will be interesting to see what we actually get :?:

Untitled.png

garjas65

Post by garjas65 »

FirstFord1972 wrote: ↑Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:04 pm

Hi, to quote my order “reduces the size of the mega box”. Titanium Auto with every option minus tow bar. Buying the 7 DCT blind.
OK thanks for that you have cleared up my curiosity as to how it would work . With the auto you will be able to start the car from your phone on a very cold winter morning 🤣. Enjoy .
Stan20

Post by Stan20 »

You can still change specification before its built
dave t

Post by dave t »

My Mini spare wheel is a Dealer fit option, that will come in a standard polystyrene type housing complete with a jack tool kit etc. This arrangement does not replace the Mega box, but will reduce its capacity. The housing and mini spare wheel can be removed as and when you wish, thus reinstating the full capacity of the Mega box. Its my intention to only carry the spare wheel on long journeys, when my golf clubs and trolley wont be in the boot and Mega box.

I understand that if the Mini spare wheel is selected as a Factory order, it may permanently reduce the capacity of the Mega box.
Dave
Dave T
Solar Silver Titanium Automatic.