First impressions - 155 St Line X First Edition

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
ejp26

Post by ejp26 »

Supertramp wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:48 pm Hi i am brand new on here, I bought a Puma ST Line X First Edition last month, love everything about the car but it has one problem that it is quite annoying it will not read traffic signs, it reads some then stays locked on that speed sign for miles then will change when it feels like to the correct speed for the road you are now on.
I used to have a Fiesta Active and the camera sign recognition was great so not sure why it is not working in my new Puma and idea how i can fix it anyone?

Cheers

Mike
Just found you've done that...apologies!

paulv

Post by paulv »

i have it on my mondeo vignale and it 'mostly' works. i've come to depend more on Waze for speed limits and set the adaptive cruise control accordingly

i know if you are paying so much for a car you should expect it to work, and hopefully it will get sorted. i've seen it mentioned on here that a software update fixes it
FORD PUMA ST-LINE X VIGNALE 1.0L ECOBOOST 125PS 7 SPEED AUTOMATIC - LUCID RED
long name... nice car :D
DaveTK1

Post by DaveTK1 »

Classic.... Wanna post a link if it's public?😄
[/quote]

I will check!
paulv

Post by paulv »

DaveTK1 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:56 pm Classic.... Wanna post a link if it's public?😄
I will check!
[/quote]

not sure if you were referring to my post DaveTK1, if you weren't then just ignore this :)

I'm afraid when i type i think i'm explaining myself quite well, but when i read things back i then realise it could be ambiguous, or not be understandable at all
- unfortunately i rarely read things back :)

so i mentioned about Waze and adaptive cruise control, perhaps suggesting they were or could be linked to automatically set the speed according to speed limits - this is not the case unfortunately

the impression i get is that perhaps the Puma can do this - or should be able to, but currently isnt accurate or just doesnt

i use the 'WAZE' app within apple carplay, as my goto navigation system, which shows the speed limits quite well (i think)

i then manually set my adaptive cruise control to match the limit shown on WAZE

thats it i'm afraid, nothing very fancy...
FORD PUMA ST-LINE X VIGNALE 1.0L ECOBOOST 125PS 7 SPEED AUTOMATIC - LUCID RED
long name... nice car :D
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

That was me quite a while ago asking Dave if he wanted to share his singing on tik tok.....

I used to use Waze all the time, the thought of a community based map with people looking out for each other was appealing.

However since Google bought Waze, I found the service glitchy and would often freeze. It's also a massive data hog.

Like it or loathe it Google maps is now my goto nav app. speed limits now show and the user interface is so much better and is evolving.

All of these though are no replacement for the MK1 eyeball.
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Prefer TomTom Go, has speed limit, simple CarPlay interface, doesn’t have glitches like Waze.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
micwoz

Post by micwoz »

Took delivery a week ago in Black (only because it doesn't stand out for vandals) and quite frankly I'm impressed with what Ford has managed to do with this car.

I read a few reviews before and they were too critical with their findings.

I think the styling is pretty good too.

Always said that I would never own a ford but here I am.

Still getting used to it but taken it a couple of times around the Yorkshire Dales and the car handles very nicely.

They have done a great job with managing 155 on a 1 litre and for a car so small sounds bigger.

I found that fuel consumption was pretty good when I found the correct driving speed and 70/80 mph seems to be the range.

317 left in tank and after travelling to York and back around 70 miles it was registering 343 and that's traveling between 70/80.

The collission assist scared the shit out of us as it went off for absolutely no reason at all.