New Puma on Order

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Im just trying to get the savings together for one at the moment,also trying to find a decent ex demo titanium hybrid with an electric tailgate,which is proving ni on impossible to find,I wouls like a titanium with hybrid,comfort pack,panoramic roof,electric boot,driver assist pack,its impossible to find an ex demo with all that stuff on,only one that I have found is a non hybrid in race red for £21800

Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

Mon Jun 29, 2020
I have ordered:
Titanium Auto (just one engine choice 125ps plus no Mild Hybrid)
Agate Black
Rear Privacy Glass
Mini Spare Wheel
Technology Pack (12.3 + Fixed LED Headlights)
Driver Assistance Pack
B&O Premium Audio System
Panorama Roof
Comfort Pack
Handsfree Power Tailgate
Mudflaps (very rural)

With a bit of luck delivery in October 2020.
I have just been informed it is on track for a September delivery. I find this surprising as I haven't even seen any pictures or videos of an automatic yet!
Fingers crossed :D
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I've been trying to find info on this new dual clutch transmission and if it's similar (or not) to powershift. Ford seem to have dropped that name?

I cannot find anything. Who is manufacturing it. Wet clutch, dry clutch etc. Max torque applications and so on. The fact that it's mated only to the 125 ps engine says low torque, and why it cannot be fitted to the hybrid system.

I see that it has a mechanical shift lever rather than the shift by wire system fitted to a lot of new auto set ups. You can get much cleaner interiors now with electronic park brakes and small shift levers. Ford are still dragging their heels with some modern systems.

Please post a link if you find anything
Deleted User 229

The difference in torque is 125ps mHEV 210 Nm and the DCT 200 Nm. 0-62mph mHEV 9.8 secs and DCT 10.2 so not a vast difference. Which will do for this old pensioner :)
Deleted User 135

Those sound respectable figures,who needs mega fast these days with the roads as they are and cameras everywhere you turn,you are lucky to get over 30 mph these days lol
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

FirstFord1972 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:22 pm The difference in torque is 125ps mHEV 210 Nm and the DCT 200 Nm. 0-62mph mHEV 9.8 secs and DCT 10.2 so not a vast difference. Which will do for this old pensioner :)
😁 Absolutely. Sure it'll be fine for you. I wasn't thinking about performance as such, but as to whether they've developed a new magic formula for DCT. Every manufacturer has had issues with the complexity of the system apart form Porsche I think.
Deleted User 229

I have just been given a 1st September pick up date. :D
Deleted User 229

I have only done 6 miles so far and tried the Start etc. from the Ford Pass App which works like a dream. New toys, I will probably never ever use it again. :)

Side.png

Front.png

Rear.png

Deleted User 135

That looks beautiful, i want a titanium, looks great in black,is that an automatic?
Deleted User 229

Ali7487 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:10 pm That looks beautiful, i want a titanium, looks great in black,is that an automatic?

Yes, Automatic with everything apart from tow bar :D