New to the Puma world looking to buy

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
shark21

Post by shark21 »

Hi everyone, just jo9ined and as the title suggests, looking to buy my first Puma (and first Ford in many years).

The usual struggles over what to go for. I'm aiming for the ST Line X 155, and I've narrowed it down to Magnetic Grey for the colour, or maybe Black, or White, or Silver. So just four options.

The wheel sizes are annoying as I think those 19s look great, but have heard the car handles better on the 18s. Any advice would be appreciated.

Finally, I see a lot for sale on the usual places and the prices vary so much. Is there anything I should look out for when buying one of these?

Many thanks in advance and look forward to chatting and finally getting my hands on one of these.

Rich

Wilto

Post by Wilto »

Hi this is my ST line X plus in magnetic, I bought it with the 19 inch alloys, but have since put 19inch ST alloys on.

20231209_144053~2.jpg

image.jpg

2021 ST line X in magnetic.
4 wheel, 5 doors, 2 windscreen wipers, electric windows, heater, steering wheel and a gear stick 😁
shark21

Post by shark21 »

Yeah that looks nice. Definitely do like the 19s but thinking real world driving on UK roads. Decisions decisions. Nice car though. Exactly what I want.
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

Wilto wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:59 pmI bought it with the 19 inch alloys, but have since put 19inch ST alloys on.
And an ST badge on the grille. :)
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
Mike

Post by Mike »

When I had mine I bought it with 18’s mainly due to our crap roads and road noise after test driving one with 19’s. but agree with you regarding the look of the 19’S
I cannot really advise on faults to look apart from noisy brakes which mine suffered with a little.
I know other owners have suffered with panel gaps, but as with any used car I would say check the condition/ history and make sure you get a good warranty.
Some owners of white cars suffered with rust along the door bottoms which should have been done under warranty
Prices are dropping so you should get a well specced one for reasonable money.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
shark21

Post by shark21 »

Mike wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:43 pm When I had mine I bought it with 18’s mainly due to our crap roads and road noise after test driving one with 19’s. but agree with you regarding the look of the 19’S
I cannot really advise on faults to look apart from noisy brakes which mine suffered with a little.
I know other owners have suffered with panel gaps, but as with any used car I would say check the condition/ history and make sure you get a good warranty.
Some owners of white cars suffered with rust along the door bottoms which should have been done under warranty
Prices are dropping so you should get a well specced one for reasonable money.
Thanks for that. If they'd just done similar design for the 18s as the 19s, but hey ho. As much as it will look better on those 19s, that's not the reason you get a car. It does also give me more choice when shopping around.

I'll keep in mind the stuff you've mentioned - it's good to know what to look for.

You mention prices and I have noticed they vary so much. I was looking at a 22 plate one with both the winter and parking pack, 19s and 20k on the clock. That was £18k, yet I see older 21 models going for more. I can only think the mileage affects price but 20k is hardly anything.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Check the spec because as the cars get newer Ford remove some of the items eg my st line x.had wireless phone charger which I believe was removed on later models , that might affect the values slightly.
Also check the engine power 125 v 155 for the mild hybrids
Wilto

Post by Wilto »

Ron240 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:25 pm
Wilto wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:59 pmI bought it with the 19 inch alloys, but have since put 19inch ST alloys on.
And an ST badge on the grille. :)
That's right...... AND ????
2021 ST line X in magnetic.
4 wheel, 5 doors, 2 windscreen wipers, electric windows, heater, steering wheel and a gear stick 😁
shark21

Post by shark21 »

Mike wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:19 pm Check the spec because as the cars get newer Ford remove some of the items eg my st line x.had wireless phone charger which I believe was removed on later models , that might affect the values slightly.
Also check the engine power 125 v 155 for the mild hybrids
Thanks. I'm looking at the 155 as that seems a decent enough bit of oomph between potholes.
Mike

Post by Mike »

The 155 is great especially in sport mode, i was surprised how nippy they were for a 1.0 ltr engine and i could get mid 50's on a run at varying speeds/ roads( which can be bettered)