Another Hello!

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
Iain C

Post by Iain C »

Hello everyone - we were due to collect our Titanium First Edition next week but obviously that’s on hold for now so will be browsing here and all the motoring reviews until we can get our hands on the real thing!

Hope everyone stays safe and well
Ford Puma Titanium First Edition mhev 125 - Grey Matter

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Welcome along pal. Life as we know it is on hold. What colour did you go for?

Keep on keeping your----------distance
Layters

Post by Layters »

Hi Iain C 👋 I have only had my Puma 3 weeks and loving it👍. I have only driven it 58 miles due to the situation at the moment, but the little time I have driven it, I am very impressed. In my opinion it’s a great car, looks like Ford have come up with a winner.

Hope you enjoy your car when you can collect it, it will be worth the wait.

Also, I have found this Puma forum site very good, great topics/advice.

Stay safe
Iain C

Post by Iain C »

Wdf76 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:25 am Welcome along pal. Life as we know it is on hold. What colour did you go for?

Keep on keeping your----------distance
Cheers - we decided to go for Grey Matter. I like the look with that colour and the black trim on the wheel arches - saw one on the road the other day and thought it looked great
Iain C

Post by Iain C »

Layters wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:37 am Hi Iain C 👋 I have only had my Puma 3 weeks and loving it👍. I have only driven it 58 miles due to the situation at the moment, but the little time I have driven it, I am very impressed. In my opinion it’s a great car, looks like Ford have come up with a winner.

Hope you enjoy your car when you can collect it, it will be worth the wait.

Also, I have found this Puma forum site very good, great topics/advice.

Stay safe
Good to hear you’re enjoying owning yours... We were due to collect ours and then travel to Scotland for a week so would have been a good test drive but not to be unfortunately. We’ll get there eventually though!

It does look like a very useful site, one of the first jobs will be to find a decent dash cam, the one on our current car isn’t the best.
Layters

Post by Layters »

Hi Iain, I upgraded my old dashcam to a Nextbase 522gw as the Ford dealership wanted to charge me £178 to remove my old dashcam from my old car and refit to the Puma. I purchased the 522gw at a well known car parts firm fitted for £149. I should have bought the micro SD card off the internet as they charged £20 for a 32g card, whereas you can get a 128g micro card for £14 off the internet 🙁
Very pleased so far, thinking of adding a rear view dashcam to the 522gw as it’s compatible to this model. Has anyone done this? Is it any good and would you recommend?
Also Ford do a Garmin dashcam which has some very good ratings

Regards
Richard (Layters)
Iain C

Post by Iain C »

Layters wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:09 am Hi Iain, I upgraded my old dashcam to a Nextbase 522gw as the Ford dealership wanted to charge me £178 to remove my old dashcam from my old car and refit to the Puma. I purchased the 522gw at a well known car parts firm fitted for £149. I should have bought the micro SD card off the internet as they charged £20 for a 32g card, whereas you can get a 128g micro card for £14 off the internet 🙁
Very pleased so far, thinking of adding a rear view dashcam to the 522gw as it’s compatible to this model. Has anyone done this? Is it any good and would you recommend?
Also Ford do a Garmin dashcam which has some very good ratings

Regards
Richard (Layters)
Thanks I’ll have a look at the Nextbase - I want a rear camera option as well. Hopefully I’ll be able to find a wiring diagram somewhere so I can fit a proper power supply instead of just using the 12 volt socket
alanp

Post by alanp »

I have a nextbase 522 front and rear cameras fitted to my fiesta, and hardwired, apparently the wiring is the same in the Puma , I have decided to let my camera stay in the car and buy the new 622 when it comes out,
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Iain C

Post by Iain C »

alanp wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:53 pm I have a nextbase 522 front and rear cameras fitted to my fiesta, and hardwired, apparently the wiring is the same in the Puma , I have decided to let my camera stay in the car and buy the new 622 when it comes out,
That’s good if the wiring is the same as the Fiesta, I hard wired a Rexing dashcam into our Fiesta so will hopefully be able to do the same in the Puma