Hi

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
alanp

Post by alanp »

Well I’ve gone and bought a Puma , st line x first edition, ex demo, now I normally buy new, but we’ve been looking at this car on autotrader for the past couple of weeks, and today, they had reduced it by £500 so it kinda peaked our interest, I should say it has all the things we wanted, power tailgate, bliss, and this one parks itself in the colour we love, magnetic, so after the test drive ( which is similar to my current fiesta) we crunched the numbers, we’ve got a great px on our car and we added some cash to it too, so it seemed silly to walk away, the sales guy tried to sell up the paint/ alloy and gap insurance but I’m sure I can get these elsewhere and cheaper if I want them, so there we are, I have to wait until mid April so they can release it, ( apparently ford have to keep demos for three months...?) , but he assured us that it won’t have anymore miles put on it,
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Great news Alan. Sure you'll love it.

I tried the self park for the first time recently. It took a couple of shunts forward and backwards which to any onlooker may have made me look a 🍋. But, hey ho..... I'll probably never use it again.

If you've financed I recommend ala for gap insurance at least. It's a no brainer and a fraction of the price Ford quote.

Martin Lewis the money saving expert has a discount code I think. See here.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/car-i ... ance/#deal

Hope all goes well.
alanp

Post by alanp »

Thanks, providing I can pick it up and the virus hasn’t closed the garage down completely, I’ll look into gap insurance when I’m nearer to picking up thecar
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

I went with Direct Gap, two types of GAP, return to invoice or replacement car, £189 or £229 (but further discounted)

https://www.directgap.co.uk/
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
alanp

Post by alanp »

Thing is, I’ll have 7,700 outstanding finance to cover, so is gap insurance even worth it for me?
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I'd say no as you're well ahead of the depreciation curve.

I always make a peanut down payment so I'm always well behind the depreciation curve. Gap is my protection.

I'd rather keep my cash than throw it in on a fast depreciating asset. Horses for courses as they say.
alanp

Post by alanp »

Yes I think gap isn’t required for me, thinking about getting a personal loan and paying the finance off, I don’t want to use my own money, and I can get a lower rate from the bank
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

Congrats on your purchase..... i bet you will love it just like I am
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
alanp

Post by alanp »

Cheers Paul, I’m sure I will, only problem is the way things are I might find the garage is completely closed and will have to wait ages.....!!
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Cool great stuff, i had auto park on my focus titanium x,loved it,im saving up for mine at the moment,£5k in the bank and a fiesta b and o play edition at the moment,just watching prices and crunching numbers,fiesta is great but I really want the electric boot and auto park also blis,my car has the panoramic roof,adaptive cruise control,comfort pack tinted glass,etc,hard to find a puma with all that stuff on,ford quoted £24500 for a puma titanium with all that stuff on,tried finding a titanium with an electric boot,impossible