Looking to buy

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

robby71 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:51 pm
Rays1 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:40 am
robby71 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:08 pm Well emailed the dealer on the green ST asking why it's showing as blue on the car check sites and he hasn't got back to me. Did some googling and it looks like that car was a press car :o hmm - 1 owner with dozens of idiots thrashing it about.

The white car dealer wouldn't match the green car deal and he then said his was priced too low and it would be going up to £28k :shock:

Well almost lost interest now so probably keep the current car till i decide what to do?
Pity. How many miles on the Green (blue) car. If low might not be that bad... Perhaps take close look at the brake discs, a very good indication on how hard it has or hasn't been driven. Look for a step/ridge on the very edge of the disc(s). Assume it will be under the standard warranty and maybe you can twist their arm (for free) to extend it as part of the deal? Plus make dam sure the PDi and any servicing has been recorded (remember no paper service book these days) its online or on the Ford App.
Dealerships love em or hate em... bloody useless some of em... If you do decide then don't touch it with a barge pole until they sort out the V5. Can you imagine being stopped by old bill "excuse me sir how come you're car is green when it should be blue"
As I said in my previous post, it needs Ford Technical at Dunton Essex to confirm in writing the cars specification and for which the DVLA will require in order to amend the V5 and colour!
The green/ blue car has now been taken off sale till dealer sorts the V5 and with it being a press/ demo car i know it would have had a hard life for most of it 9000 miles.

Just found another green car which i'm talking to the dealer with so maybe better luck with this 1?
Fair enough 9k that's a lot for a demo. Good luck with the alternative. Honestly it's a great car. I've had many a performance car in the past. Including a RS Focus MK1, similar size and similar performance as to the Puma ST. The ST is in a class of its own.

Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

Like I previously stated..there are quite a few ST's out there for around £26k. Yeh they are inflated but so are all cars at the moment. Might be best placing an order for a new one...Best deals are around £28k.
Robby71

Post by Robby71 »

Well managed to do a cracking (i think) deal on a green 71 plate with 3000 miles today - having it delivered on Saturday so you'll all be bombarded with questions :D

Sad to see the I20N go as i bought it new (6 months ago) but only done 2800 miles so wasn't getting the use it wanted - maybe the Puma will be used more?
2022 Puma ST, Performance Pack, Driver assist pack - Mean Green
Danny1

Post by Danny1 »

Hi Robby,

Sounds good mate, get some pics up after you've had a blast and finished polishing it! :D
Fiesta ST Performance Edition, Puma ST Frozen White, Performance pack, power tailgate and Pan roof dark wheels
Robby71

Post by Robby71 »

Danny1 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:40 pm Hi Robby,

Sounds good mate, get some pics up after you've had a blast and finished polishing it! :D
Polishing is a never ending cycle - can never be finished :D

New

e01.jpg

Old

100_2888.jpgnoplate.jpg

Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

Welcome to the ST gang...Nice.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Excellent News - Enjoy.
Just make absolutely sure the service record is up-to-date. No service book theses days.. at the very least check out the PDi record..... it's on the app or online. Some dealerships have simply not woken up to the fact that is thier responsibility to record it on the Ford DSC (digital service record) system.
Robby71

Post by Robby71 »

Rays1 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:37 am Excellent News - Enjoy.
Just make absolutely sure the service record is up-to-date. No service book theses days.. at the very least check out the PDi record..... it's on the app or online. Some dealerships have simply not woken up to the fact that is thier responsibility to record it on the Ford DSC (digital service record) system.
Had a look on the Ford pass site and no history showing - as it's only done 6k and is 9 months old the non Ford dealer will do an inspection (not service) as it isn't due.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

robby71, you need the PDI record logged with Ford. Go to Ford UK and open an account with the reg or vin number and your details.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

robby71 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:51 pm
Rays1 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:37 am Excellent News - Enjoy.
Had a look on the Ford pass site and no history showing - as it's only done 6k and is 9 months old the non Ford dealer will do an inspection (not service) as it isn't due.
Hmmm still be useful if the PDi was showing. Worth noting a non Ford franchise can register on the DSC system and record history. That said in your case obviously too late for the PDi to be recorded. Backing dating service history on the DSC system is strictly limited to just a few short months or so I understand.