Looking to buy

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
Robby71

Post by Robby71 »

Thought i'd pop in here as i'm looking at Pumas even though i thought they looked weird (like a Porsche Cayenne rep?) but these past few days they've grown on me.

I currently have a Hyundai I20N which is rare on the roads due to 1+ year wait from order but after 6 months i'm getting bored with it.
I was looking at the ST puma which would be similar performance but the prices to change are way OTT so i'm now looking at the ST-lineX.
I've had 3 Fiesta ST-Lines (2 x 125bhp and 1x 140bhp) but never a hybrid (don't even know what the difference is TBH) but would go for the 155bhp model

I'm awaiting some figures back from 2 dealers but have been seeing more and more posts about reliability issues with the Puma :? and seeing as i need a reliable car to get to work is the Puma that bad?
2022 Puma ST, Performance Pack, Driver assist pack - Mean Green

Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

I’ve had mine since May 2021. It’s a 70 plate Oct20.

It’s never let me down in 9,000 varied miles. The battery was showing signs of discharge but the dealer swapped it for a Varta.

It’s currently sat at Manchester airport and after three weeks and a day it’s gone into deep sleep. This is normal though. My old Focus did the same. Hopefully the meet and greet can get into it when we return in two weeks. If not I’ll have to show them how to get the key out 🤣🤣
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Other issues are rear discs which they are replacing free of charge and poor paintwork in places - which they are sorting under warranty.

Other than these niggles I love the car. The 155 goes great in Sport Mode.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
pompeydave

Post by pompeydave »

Hi robby71 , you clearly like your fast cars (i20n a cracking car) so make sure you are ready for a downgrade on performance .Puma a totally different car to drive than hot hatches so make sure 100% before you commit .
I’ve got the 125 puma and looking for a bit more power ideally up to 155 with a map etc . I didn’t think I would miss the performance of my 200hp Astra and previous fiesta ST but certain roads / conditions I do. Saying that I love the driving position , my st-line x very comfortable and looks lovely in desert island blue.
2022 St-Line X 125 desert island blue
Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

Iv had the hot hatches for a number of years and didn't want to loose the fun factor and the additional acceleration ect if I went down the range.
Looking on autotrader, you can pick up a 1 year old ST with about 6-8k on the clock for around £26k?
Robby71

Post by Robby71 »

Thanks for the replies
Had 2 quotes on STs which would leave me with £4k on top of my I20N to change to a 2021 model -
Green (pref colour) - 9000 miles, driver assistance pack/ powered boot
White - 3000 miles, performance pack pan roof

Also trying to get figures on 2 ST-Line X 155 models as i think this would be the sensible choice
Blue, 9000 miles, 2021my, 19" alloys, led headlights
silver, 11000 miles, 2021my, 19" alloys, led headlights
The blue car is very cheap - £1300 less than the silver?
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

robby71 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:35 pm Thanks for the replies
Had 2 quotes on STs which would leave me with £4k on top of my I20N to change to a 2021 model -
Green (pref colour) - 9000 miles, driver assistance pack/ powered boot
White - 3000 miles, performance pack pan roof

Also trying to get figures on 2 ST-Line X 155 models as i think this would be the sensible choice
Blue, 9000 miles, 2021my, 19" alloys, led headlights
silver, 11000 miles, 2021my, 19" alloys, led headlights
The blue car is very cheap - £1300 less than the silver?
As good as the less powerful Puma models are, being that you have an i20N. I honestly think you will miss the grunt and the amazing torque the ST has to offer. Appreciate the cost difference but if I am right then go for the ST. Just brilliant with handling that no other SUV can beat.
Robby71

Post by Robby71 »

Well emailed the dealer on the green ST asking why it's showing as blue on the car check sites and he hasn't got back to me. Did some googling and it looks like that car was a press car :o hmm - 1 owner with dozens of idiots thrashing it about.

The white car dealer wouldn't match the green car deal and he then said his was priced too low and it would be going up to £28k :shock:

Well almost lost interest now so probably keep the current car till i decide what to do?
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

robby71 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:08 pm Well emailed the dealer on the green ST asking why it's showing as blue on the car check sites and he hasn't got back to me. Did some googling and it looks like that car was a press car :o hmm - 1 owner with dozens of idiots thrashing it about.

The white car dealer wouldn't match the green car deal and he then said his was priced too low and it would be going up to £28k :shock:

Well almost lost interest now so probably keep the current car till i decide what to do?
Pity. How many miles on the Green (blue) car. If low might not be that bad... Perhaps take close look at the brake discs, a very good indication on how hard it has or hasn't been driven. Look for a step/ridge on the very edge of the disc(s). Assume it will be under the standard warranty and maybe you can twist their arm (for free) to extend it as part of the deal? Plus make dam sure the PDi and any servicing has been recorded (remember no paper service book these days) its online or on the Ford App.
Dealerships love em or hate em... bloody useless some of em... If you do decide then don't touch it with a barge pole until they sort out the V5. Can you imagine being stopped by old bill "excuse me sir how come you're car is green when it should be blue"
As I said in my previous post, it needs Ford Technical at Dunton Essex to confirm in writing the cars specification and for which the DVLA will require in order to amend the V5 and colour!
Robby71

Post by Robby71 »

Rays1 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:40 am
robby71 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:08 pm Well emailed the dealer on the green ST asking why it's showing as blue on the car check sites and he hasn't got back to me. Did some googling and it looks like that car was a press car :o hmm - 1 owner with dozens of idiots thrashing it about.

Pity. How many miles on the Green (blue) car. If low might not be that bad... Perhaps take close look at the brake discs, a very good indication on how hard it has or hasn't been driven. Look for a step/ridge on the very edge of the disc(s). Assume it will be under the standard warranty and maybe you can twist their arm (for free) to extend it as part of the deal? Plus make dam sure the PDi and any servicing has been recorded (remember no paper service book these days) its online or on the Ford App.
Dealerships love em or hate em... bloody useless some of em... If you do decide then don't touch it with a barge pole until they sort out the V5. Can you imagine being stopped by old bill "excuse me sir how come you're car is green when it should be blue"
As I said in my previous post, it needs Ford Technical at Dunton Essex to confirm in writing the cars specification and for which the DVLA will require in order to amend the V5 and colour!
The green/ blue car has now been taken off sale till dealer sorts the V5 and with it being a press/ demo car i know it would have had a hard life for most of it 9000 miles.

Just found another green car which i'm talking to the dealer with so maybe better luck with this 1?