Puma ST, my first ever Ford

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
The Monkey Man

Post by The Monkey Man »

Was looking for something to replace my JCW Paceman and after testing many of the 300hp rivals, I settled on a new Puma ST in Agate Black. Got offered such a good amount trade in for my Paceman, I stumped up the difference and placed my order early November. Car is built and arrives mid January.
No options....that's right NO Performance pack as I didn't feel it fast enough to warrant it. Had everything I wanted as standard and came with a real Handbrake! Loved the fact that most of the horrid automated driver nonsense was an optional pack so was able to vote out on that. Made sure to get my order in before EU regs force inclusion of multiple new horrors next year.
Dealer informed me that whilst normal Pumas are being held up, ST orders were flying through the production line.
Puma ST Agate Black

Wowzz

Post by Wowzz »

Well, I hope your dealer is right, but if you read through the various posts on here, you will discover that some dealers can be somewhat economical with the truth.
If the car is built, I assume you have the VIN .
Titanium 125, Solar Silver
Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

Well sorry to burst your bubble but there are a few of us who placed our orders for an ST as long ago as July (in my case) and still waiting. We have updates that the cars are built with VIN numbers supplied but still at the factory.
This is the latest from my dealer........

Looking at VISTA across the entire CMA, I am seeing a lot of delivery dates in Red, so there may be some sort of transport issue that Ford have not informed us about.

There have been a few issues with the VISTA system recently, so it is possible that a lot of vehicles have been shipped and the status just hasn’t updated

Unfortunately I’m not going to be able to get any sensible answers this side of the new year as transport have now shutdown for the festive period.

I appreciate that this is frustrating, but we are entirely in the hands of Ford transport and have no control over the build/transport timescales and processes

As soon as the Puma arrives, I will be able to arrange a collection date with you

Not exactly flying through.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

denty1964 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:10 pm Well sorry to burst your bubble but there are a few of us who placed our orders for an ST as long ago as July (in my case) and still waiting. We have updates that the cars are built with VIN numbers supplied but still at the factory.
This is the latest from my dealer........

Looking at VISTA across the entire CMA, I am seeing a lot of delivery dates in Red, so there may be some sort of transport issue that Ford have not informed us about.

There have been a few issues with the VISTA system recently, so it is possible that a lot of vehicles have been shipped and the status just hasn’t updated

Unfortunately I’m not going to be able to get any sensible answers this side of the new year as transport have now shutdown for the festive period.

I appreciate that this is frustrating, but we are entirely in the hands of Ford transport and have no control over the build/transport timescales and processes

As soon as the Puma arrives, I will be able to arrange a collection date with you

Not exactly flying through.
A dealer who is straight with the issue.....Good sign for the future with them.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
The Monkey Man

Post by The Monkey Man »

Picked it up today, dealers were amazed I got it so quickly. Can't get petrol nozzle to go in though (Tesco Super) any help as didn't want to force it or get covered in petrol.

Puma ST.jpg

Puma ST Agate Black
Deleted User 878

Miracles do happen. Looks very very nice mate...enjoy. I'm just approaching 6 months this week from order and it's still not even in the UK. Really pissed off now.
The Monkey Man

Post by The Monkey Man »

denty1964 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:27 am Miracles do happen. Looks very very nice mate...enjoy. I'm just approaching 6 months this week from order and it's still not even in the UK. Really pissed off now.
Did you order "packs" that will contain more computer parts as the microchip shortage is behind the bulk of delays. Mine was as simple an order as possible in that I paid cash up front so no finance, and aside from the paint I wasn't interested in any of the options.

Will say, what a great car for what it is. Handling is sublime and that's coming from 45K miles in a JCW paceman which is a very apple to apples comparison. Don't know where some reviewers are getting this issue with grabby breaks as that is so not the case. I love it, now I just have to work out how to get fuel in it!
Puma ST Agate Black
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

The Monkey Man wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:32 am
denty1964 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:27 am Miracles do happen. Looks very very nice mate...enjoy. I'm just approaching 6 months this week from order and it's still not even in the UK. Really pissed off now.
I just have to work out how to get fuel in it!
Did you try the things given in the other thread you started on the issue?
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Deleted User 878

The processing of the delivery is the big issue. You only ordered yours in November and collected this week. A few of us had their cars built in November and they are still not in the UK yet. The logistics is the problem here, not the chips.
The Monkey Man

Post by The Monkey Man »

Dealer Size / clout perhaps? Mine was from Marshall Cambridge. Best CarWow price and excellent service throughout the entire process. I ordered via CarWow arranged a trade-in, paid for the balance etc. all totally seamlessly. Didn't mess me about with the trade in / low ball after agreeing or anything like that.
Puma ST Agate Black