Newbie and waiting for mine

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
NickDL

Post by NickDL »

Just thought I’d say hi! I’m very excited for my Puma.

Just waiting for mine to be ready! It’s in the showroom but I’m waiting for the dealer to get a new one for their showroom so who knows how long it’ll be. Anyone have this experience?
Ford Puma ST Line 1.0L MHEV - Desert Island Blue

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Welcome to the forum.
I'm not sure I'd be happy with that situation.....However, it does show the ridiculousness of the times we are in and a dealer can only get one car at a time.... :shock: :D
Begs the question....What are they doing test drives in???????
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
NickDL

Post by NickDL »

Thanks! So the one I bought doesn’t actually get used at all they’re using a different one for test drives luckily but only for 10 minutes at a time because they’re still selling it new😂 it is crazy, they don’t seem to know when the new ‘showroom car’ will arrive or anything at all…
Wowzz

Post by Wowzz »

Sounds extremely "iffy" to me.
There is no way I would want "my" car sitting around in a showroom for 6 months with all and sundry clambering all over it.
I hope you got a good price !
Titanium 125, Solar Silver
NickDL

Post by NickDL »

Yeah I’m hoping it won’t be too long. The guy said it’s much quicker than a factory order. He thinks February at the latest and factory order would’ve been April/May…I just can’t see why “my” car has to stay there until another arrives. They’ve got plenty of stock in to replace it but just not that spec Puma
Spoonface

Post by Spoonface »

I'm chilled about the lead times with chip shortages, backlogs, covid etc. but would hit the roof if it arrived and dealer kept mine in the showroom for any reason.. as above sounds dodgy. What do you do though? Threaten to cancel order, they'll easily sell it to someone else tomorrow. Think you should have a conversation with them though.
Hers: ST-Line Design Frozen White | His: ST-Line Grey Matter
NickDL

Post by NickDL »

Yeah I’m unsure what to do. I didn’t order it as it was their dealer stock but the manager doesn’t want to let it go until they’ve got another to replace it. Just really frustrating.
Spoonface

Post by Spoonface »

Ah ok, that makes more sense. When I was at dealership in September they said "if you want to see our stock, this is it (the showroom).. that one and that one are sold". Ford don't want the showrooms to be empty.
Hers: ST-Line Design Frozen White | His: ST-Line Grey Matter
NickDL

Post by NickDL »

Yeah I can understand that. I think new car sales are at lot more popular at the moment due to the price of used being so high. I will just patiently wait and think of things to buy for it😂
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Welcome on board.

Personally, I wouldn’t care what the manager wants. If I’ve been sold one and it’s ready to go, then I want it.

I’d either be getting a huge discount for taking delivery when they want to deliver it (despite it being ready to take away) and for one that’s going to be sat in, touched, leant against and generally mistreated or I’d be telling them to poke it.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,