Newbie - hello!

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
Hammy

Post by Hammy »

Hi,

Just joined..nice to be part of the team. I ordered two weeks ago an ST Line X, with following options:

Magnetic (Exclusive Colour)
19"x7.5", 5-spoke, Matt Black Machined Finish
Panorama Roof - Openable
Comfort Pack

No idea on delivery date yet, but expected April (sometime). Been reading posts in regards LED or not on std headlights. The spec sheet says: LED Projector Headlights (LED Low beam included, LED DRL's with either black or chrome bezel (ST line/Titanium)) - are standard. All headlights are automatic on/off with highbeam is also standard - so it seems to suggest highbeam is autosensing as standard also.

Cheers,
H.

Hammy

Post by Hammy »

Hmm... interesting. My broker has just come back to me, as I had to double check regards the headlights.

He has said, mine is the ST Line X rather than first edition as I ordered options, and the headlights are: Projector headlights with LED daytime running lights.

That, I must say is the most disappointing thing I have heard... and to be honest, a let down and doesn't match with what is said in the online brochure. I know it seems petty, but getting a new car that is literally brand new and getting old tech is just a let down. I was not going to be paying £800 for LED headlights when they are pretty much standard on most new cars now across the range.

Seriously thinking of cancelling this...which I admit does sound petty, but as I am going to be living with this for 3yrs, it is going to bug me... that is a bad show by Ford and is quite miserly really!!

:(
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Capacities and Specifications.pdf
(46.81 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
If it helps
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Hammy

Post by Hammy »

Thanks Spearmint, much appreciated.

It's all so confusing.... why so? I am also trying to understand difference between ST Line-x First Edition and ST Line-x...as there doesn't appear to be any. Spoke to my broker again, he said standard projector headlamps - spoke to another friend who works as a tech in Ford, said LED Projector headlamps.

As long as it comes with headlamps of some sort, I'm sure we will be OK :)
Fluffs87

Post by Fluffs87 »

Hammy wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:16 am Thanks Spearmint, much appreciated.

It's all so confusing.... why so? I am also trying to understand difference between ST Line-x First Edition and ST Line-x...as there doesn't appear to be any. Spoke to my broker again, he said standard projector headlamps - spoke to another friend who works as a tech in Ford, said LED Projector headlamps.

As long as it comes with headlamps of some sort, I'm sure we will be OK :)
I could be wrong but when I was in the showroom there were a handful of features the first edition came with as opposed to adding them in, keyless entry and power tailgate may have been two of the ST line ones amongst others. Picking on these as you didn’t mention them above
gsd0475

Post by gsd0475 »

See attached for differences 👍

Screenshot_20200218-144343_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Puma ST Line X FE 155 (March 1st)
Neil76

Post by Neil76 »

gsd0475 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:44 pm See attached for differences 👍
If I've read that correctly, the ST Line and ST Line X models come with projector headlamps with LED DRLs and the First Edition models come with fixed LED headlamps
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Yes
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Hammy

Post by Hammy »

It's all so confusing... does anyone know for certain if the projector headlamps come with LED or dinosaur bulbs? Some literature seems to suggest they do, some don't, some people think they do, some don't, some dealers say they do, some dealers don't and ford helpline just says projector!!

If someone has an ST-Line X that is not first edition, can they confirm LED or not :)
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

From the image below. Titanium, ST Line and ST Line X come with the lights in yellow. The LED £800 option swaps the GREEN with the yellow equivalents. The LED option is standard on ST Line firsT editions only. The fixed LED options are apparently adaptive in some form.

https://www.ford.co.uk/cars/new-puma/mo ... ition-plus

B8461FAD-B8C1-40A8-9C55-C00139BA0238.jpeg

Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic