One year on

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
mirrormask

Post by mirrormask »

Hi. Forum newbie here. Real name David. My basic Titanium is coming up to a year old now. I don't do a lot of miles but do have a regular motorway trip of around 40 miles each way every week or two.

Very happy with the Puma so far, but I have had a few false collision warnings and, yesterday, a message telling me that the Emergency Call system is faulty. So much for modern cars packed out with unreliable microchips.

I've booked it in for one of their "Convenience" checks, for what it's worth. Probably a waste of money, but I'll mention the annoying pop-ups then.

Anyway - glad to be on here and I hope I can share my experiences with other Pumafiles and occasionally get advice in return (don't tell me not to buy a Puma :lol: ).
Ford Puma Titanium 1.0L EcoBoost mHEV 92KW/125PS Lucid Red Nov 2020

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Welcome, ask them to do any software updates while it's in...They don't like to do it, so don't usually volunteer it.....
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Welcome.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

mirrormask wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:13 am Very happy with the Puma so far, but I have had a few false collision warnings

Hi, if it the same as mine, phantom pre-collision active braking then I believe it is quite common. Since I changed the sensitivity to Low I haven’t had one. I’ve jinxed it now :shock:
DesertIslandBlue

Post by DesertIslandBlue »

mirrormask wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:13 am Hi. Forum newbie here. Real name David. My basic Titanium is coming up to a year old now. I don't do a lot of miles but do have a regular motorway trip of around 40 miles each way every week or two.

Very happy with the Puma so far, but I have had a few false collision warnings and, yesterday, a message telling me that the Emergency Call system is faulty. So much for modern cars packed out with unreliable microchips.

I've booked it in for one of their "Convenience" checks, for what it's worth. Probably a waste of money, but I'll mention the annoying pop-ups then.

Anyway - glad to be on here and I hope I can share my experiences with other Pumafiles and occasionally get advice in return (don't tell me not to buy a Puma :lol: ).
The emergency call system fault message will show up when you are in an area with very poor or no cell reception - don't know if this was the case in your experience but is not a fault per se.
ST Line X mHEV 125 Desert Island Blue DAP+CP+HFPT
mirrormask

Post by mirrormask »

DesertIslandBlue wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:42 pm The emergency call system fault message will show up when you are in an area with very poor or no cell reception - don't know if this was the case in your experience but is not a fault per se.
I've often been in areas with poor or no cell reception, but never got this message before. The message appeared as I was driving out of a major hospital in a large city, so I doubt that cell coverage was the problem (yes, I know it could be, but I really doubt it). I've been driving in the middle of nowhere and never got this message.
mirrormask

Post by mirrormask »

Sparks wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:25 am Welcome, ask them to do any software updates while it's in...They don't like to do it, so don't usually volunteer it.....
I will, thanks. I recently updated Sync 3 but had to interrupt it while it was updating. However, it did say that it had completed.

The Ford site tells me that there's a maps update, but it's 22GB so I think I'll pass. I usually use Google Maps or Waze, anyway.
mirrormask

Post by mirrormask »

NeilS wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:21 pmWelcome.
Thanks, Neil. :)
mirrormask

Post by mirrormask »

lightfoot wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:40 pm
mirrormask wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:13 am Very happy with the Puma so far, but I have had a few false collision warnings

Hi, if it the same as mine, phantom pre-collision active braking then I believe it is quite common. Since I changed the sensitivity to Low I haven’t had one. I’ve jinxed it now :shock:
LOL! Yes, I reset mine to Low as well and turned Active Braking off - but it seems to turn itself back on! I really don't want the car to decide to jam the brakes on when there's bugger all in front of me. :?
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Welcome to the forum David, I'm sure you'll enjoy it, re the pre collision I've had this a couple of times when passing cars parked half on and half off the nearside pavement, not adjusted the settings but will probably do that soon 👍😉😀
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue