New Puma ST owner

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
martn

Post by martn »

I received my Mountune M235 chip yesterday and tuned the car. This is exactly what I was missing, so much better! Lower revs were too slow, this is a massive difference. It’s almost identical to how quick my Fiesta was. Now need to make a decision if I buy the Milltek already with Black Friday sales.

Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

martn wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:09 pm I received my Mountune M235 chip yesterday and tuned the car. This is exactly what I was missing, so much better! Lower revs were too slow, this is a massive difference. It’s almost identical to how quick my Fiesta was. Now need to make a decision if I buy the Milltek already with Black Friday sales.
That's good to hear.. Question assume you have included the Mountune induction kit as part of the M235 installation?
Also I believe the Mountune hi-flow throttle body helps with the ST's initial pick up..Did you fit one?
Would be great to know once you've had the chance to fully test the upgrade on how it has affected handling and also engine noise.
martn

Post by martn »

Rays1 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:52 am
martn wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:09 pm I received my Mountune M235 chip yesterday and tuned the car. This is exactly what I was missing, so much better! Lower revs were too slow, this is a massive difference. It’s almost identical to how quick my Fiesta was. Now need to make a decision if I buy the Milltek already with Black Friday sales.
That's good to hear.. Question assume you have included the Mountune induction kit as part of the M235 installation?
Also I believe the Mountune hi-flow throttle body helps with the ST's initial pick up..Did you fit one?
Would be great to know once you've had the chance to fully test the upgrade on how it has affected handling and also engine noise.
Yes, I have the induction kit as well. I already installed it when I received my Puma, since I had it on my Fiesta. I haven’t fitted the throttle elbow yet since the original one is stuck. I can’t get it loose. Sound-wise I personally don’t notice any difference, as I also didn’t in my Fiesta. Power-wise there’s such a difference. 100-200km/h is 5-7 seconds faster now. It’s almost identical to my M260 Fiesta, which is insane.
martn

Post by martn »

I have the elbow on right now as well, made it work this morning. Still not sure if it makes any difference performance or sound-wise.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

martn wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:18 pm I have the elbow on right now as well, made it work this morning. Still not sure if it makes any difference performance or sound-wise.
From what I've read, it (the elbow) helps on initial accelerator pick up. Nothing more.. but then every little helps.
Just waiting on Mountunes 12 days of Xmas discount.
martn

Post by martn »

New little update today, I'm soooo happy with this. Looks amazing.

Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

Nice! where you got them from?
martn

Post by martn »

Bluecat wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:47 pm Nice! where you got them from?
Locally here in the Netherlands. Friend of mine does this as his business, same as steering wheels etc. Lucky me.
wgtwiddle

Post by wgtwiddle »