New Puma ST owner

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
martn

Post by martn »

Hey all!

I'm new here, just closed a deal on a Puma ST last weekend. It will be replacing my MK8 Fiesta ST. Reason: Car's already 3 years old, approaching 100k kilometers and wanted a bit more space. Coming from a fully tuned car, will be using all the Mountune parts from my Fiesta for the Puma in the near future. Puma is fully specced.

Going out:

Cheers!

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Welcome martn, I'm sure you have made the right choice. Enjoy your new car.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Welcome 👍🏻
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Mike

Post by Mike »

Maybe my next one after mine goes.
Liked the look of your fiesta
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
martn

Post by martn »

Thanks all!

The Fiesta looks really good indeed, so does the Puma! 8-)
sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

Welcome martn 👍🏻
https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Good show...you will be very pleased you've gone this route. I swapped my Focus RS mk3 for the Puma ST. The handling is exceptional for a SUV. But be certain to set up tyre pressures correctly.
Plus remember the tyres are bespoke to your Puma and identified on the casing with 'FP'
I purchased a spare original Wheel and Pilot Sport 4S tyre, it took my tyre dealer (a good friend) at least 3 attempts before receiving the correct one from his wholesalers. Don't be fobbed off if you are supplied with one without the correct 'FP' marking. They are available and yes they do differ as good as they are from the standard 4S tyre.
As for Mountune yes excellent company, great products but be careful on warranty issues, Ford are not so willing to honour it these days if the car has been modified.
martn

Post by martn »

Rays1 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:11 pm Good show...you will be very pleased you've gone this route. I swapped my Focus RS mk3 for the Puma ST. The handling is exceptional for a SUV. But be certain to set up tyre pressures correctly.
Plus remember the tyres are bespoke to your Puma and identified on the casing with 'FP'
I purchased a spare original Wheel and Pilot Sport 4S tyre, it took my tyre dealer (a good friend) at least 3 attempts before receiving the correct one from his wholesalers. Don't be fobbed off if you are supplied with one without the correct 'FP' marking. They are available and yes they do differ as good as they are from the standard 4S tyre.
As for Mountune yes excellent company, great products but be careful on warranty issues, Ford are not so willing to honour it these days if the car has been modified.
Hey man!

Thanks a lot for the extensive info! I indeed read the topic about the FP indicator on the tires. Since my car is a demo it has only just over a year of warranty left. I actually ditched 3 years of warranty on my Fiesta because I wanted to tune it. Better have fun than waiting for something to no be covered by warranty anyways. :D

Any tips on the tyre pressure? How much do you use?
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Hi, regarding tyre pressures I would recommend 34psi front and 29psi rear at a normal weight distribution. In saying that do not rely on the the Ford pass App or even the cars cockpit display. Manually check pressures regularly when cold and with a separate digital gauge.
Plus be aware of the OAT (outside air temp) as it has the ability to vary the reading by as much as 5psi on hot or cold days. I know this all sounds a little to a bit over the top, but honestly your find it makes a huge difference to the handling and tyre wear of your Puma ST... Sadly in my experience most Ford dealership never set the pressures correct on their performance models.
Yes like you I am itching to tune my ST with Mountune kit. I have their high flow air filter and Oil Filler cap (it is a real tight fit) already and once the first year of ownership has passed I will look to purchase their Smartflash M235. (The M260 is I think a step to far).
martn

Post by martn »

Rays1 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:10 pm Hi, regarding tyre pressures I would recommend 34psi front and 29psi rear at a normal weight distribution. In saying that do not rely on the the Ford pass App or even the cars cockpit display. Manually check pressures regularly when cold and with a separate digital gauge.
Plus be aware of the OAT (outside air temp) as it has the ability to vary the reading by as much as 5psi on hot or cold days. I know this all sounds a little to a bit over the top, but honestly your find it makes a huge difference to the handling and tyre wear of your Puma ST... Sadly in my experience most Ford dealership never set the pressures correct on their performance models.
Yes like you I am itching to tune my ST with Mountune kit. I have their high flow air filter and Oil Filler cap (it is a real tight fit) already and once the first year of ownership has passed I will look to purchase their Smartflash M235. (The M260 is I think a step to far).
Thanks a lot for the info and don't worry about being over the top. I'm like you, so I want everything to be perfect.

Regarding the tune, I think M235 is good enough indeed, especially with all the extra hardware needed. I'm running the 200hp stock map on my Fiesta now again and I must say that I don't really feel any difference. Sure, when I hammer it, it does, but casually driving is almost identical. M260 is a lot indeed, I'm also thinking of just going M235 on the Puma.