New Puma owner (on the wait)

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
Panoulis

Post by Panoulis »

Hello all!
Just joined the forum and thought to introduce myself.
I ordered my Puma about 10 days ago, having been promised a December delivery (fingers crossed).
My choice was a well-educated and thoroughly researched one (or at least that is what I hope... :ugeek: ).
My current car is a Golf VI (160hp and DSG7 auto), which is a brilliant car in terms of performance and dynamics (0-100 at 8'', excellent steering and handling etc).
I also consider myself a 'keen driver', so when I considered following the trend and purchasing by first SUV, my top priority was to find a car that dynamically… won’t be an SUV. :lol:
This is probably the prime reason I chose the Puma, along with the looks – I find it a really beautiful and distinct car (to my good luck, wife totally agrees :) ). Practicality, three months waiting time (with most other brands easily surpassing the six months here in Greece :shock: ) and a class leading factory guarantee of 8 years/100,000km, they all played a role in my final choice.
This will be my first Ford - up to now I was loyal to German cars, mainly of the VW group. Their built quality and stress-free ownership experience was the main source of this loyalty, so the abysmal reliability of my latest Golf (which got only worse as years passed :cry: ) made me change completely camp and not even consider anything that comes out of Wolfsburg these days (T-Cross, T-Roc etc).
My trim of choice is
ST-line X 155hp with Automatic gearbox
Solar Silver Color
Drivers Assistance Pack
Full Led lights
Panoramic Roof
Spare Wheel
The automatic gearbox might not fit initially to a supposed ‘keen driver’, but having had my first automatic experience with the Golf DSG7 (which should basically be the same tech with Puma's auto), I don’t think I will ever return to a manual again. The fact that the Puma will make most of its miles in urban environment and that wife (who will also drive it) hates manuals, probably transformed a preference to a necessity… ;)
I look forward to getting behind the wheel of my Puma and to contribute to this forum whenever I can.
Cheers!

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Welcome. A class leading guarantee of 8 years. It's 3 in the UK. Good luck with your 3 months wait. Many on here are waiting longer including me. Also there is a Puma club in Greece. Search this forum for pictures.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Welcome....Check out these guys in Greece...https://www.facebook.com/fordPumaClubHellas/
If you look at the videos they have already had a meet. Also posted here.. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1177
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

:oops: :oops: :oops:
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Spoonface

Post by Spoonface »

Welcome, I ordered mine in September and was told December so fingers crossed
Hers: ST-Line Design Frozen White | His: ST-Line Grey Matter
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Feel sorry for you guys on the wait,im on a different kind of wait for the prices to drop,so an even longer one
Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

Just to give you an idea of delivery.....ordered mine in July and its not scheduled for build until the next couple of weeks and then a minimum of 5 weeks for delivery. I know its going to be in the New Year until I pick it up. Hang in there guys I'm sure it will be worth the wait.