NZ Puma

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
small_fordz

Post by small_fordz »

HI, I am a new Puma owner, having recently purchased an ST Line in Desert island Blue. In New Zealand, there are only two models: the Puma ST Line, and the Puma (which is basically a Titanium). There are no options at all, but the ST Line comes well equipped with auto hatch, blind spot/cross traffic, rear camera and front and rear sensors and all the safety kit. The only powertrain is non-hybrid 92kw with the 7 speed DCT gearbox. Loving the Puma, it rides and handles superbly, looks great, the engine has plenty of power and fuel use is 6.3litres per 100km. The DCT gearbox is brilliant, What's not to like!

NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Welcome. Hope you enjoy your new car.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
NFFC

Post by NFFC »

Sounds like you have a high spec model, especially with all the extras we would have to buy extra in the UK.Happy motoring you will love it.
Ford Puma ST Line Red 125bhp
small_fordz

Post by small_fordz »

Thanks for the welcome. I think the high spec is due to a relatively low volume market and distance from the plant in Europe. Ford NZ tends to have one spec/one price for each version. The downside is we only get 6 colours to chose from, the upside is we don't the options upsell. I checked the number of Puma registrations to the end of August 2021, since its introduction in October 2020, just over 800 have been sold in New Zealand. That beats T Cross, Stonic, CX3 and the Yaris Cross, and is only beaten by the Seltos and Kona.