ST-X or VIgnale?

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
MacUK

Post by MacUK »

So my PCP on my little 2108 KA+ come to an end at the end of the year and I’d really like to move up to the Puma.
Just turned 60 so want to treat myself, I’ve had 2 original Pumas and loved them but I’m more of a luxury and comfort person these days!

I’ve priced up the STX, the most popular model, with the extras I would want and the Vignale comes out about £300 cheaper from my local dealer due to the cost of the options being a fair bit cheaper when included on the Vignale. I know some people don’t like the chrome trim, I don’t mind them at all (maybe that comes from having a ‘60 Chevy back in the early days!!)

Seems like a no brainer but would welcome comments.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I think you've answered your own question. I personally don't like the Vignale trim on any Ford models, but, that's just aesthetics.
If you prefer the padded cell look go for it, :D it is still a cracking car.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
microbe

Post by microbe »

I had the same decision to make when I got mine and like Sparks I disliked the Vignale trim so went for the ST Line X
Puma ST-Line X 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Desert Island Blue 2021
Alan321

Post by Alan321 »

I suppose I'm biased since I have one, but I'd go for a Vignale. Depending on how you buy your car, it should be worth more later on when you trade it in, since the Vignale will have a higher list price than a specced up lesser model.
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

I had the same decision to make, but felt the Vignale was just too expensive for the things you get. I was also concerned about getting a factory build becauuse of the 3 month wait (and even the dealer admitted dates were slipping further). So I got the ST Line X with comfort pack delivered in under a week.
MacUK

Post by MacUK »

Thanks guys. Still got a little bit of time but will start to do some serious research.
Need to find a new home for my existing key ring!

3A56F28E-1A53-4E75-9551-5992B84968DF.jpeg

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

MacUK, I've gone for the Vignale. My ST-Line X first edition has been sold for more than I paid for it 10 months ago. I think the new Vignale is slightly different from the original. Perhaps some owners could verify what the differences are. Maybe it's the suspension, sports pedals and more , I'm not sure. My ST-Line X was great, I enjoyed it as best I could although limited in the lockdown periods. I've specified Magnetic grey, DAP and power tailgate. The paint upgrade is cheaper for the Vignale than say the Titanium model. Price wise there is not much in it so shop around and be patient. It's a 3 month wait for me so patience is a virtue.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Seen a few vignales on the road,the chrome looks lovely on them,adds a bit of class to an already gorgeous shape,I would love one if I could afford one,which will be a while with prices the way they are at the moment,I have set my heart on either a titanium or a vignale
MacUK

Post by MacUK »

Just had an email from Ford, doing 24hr test drive in August. Time to book one I think.

Pic of my last Puma from 2016

A61BD431-9544-4DA6-AE1E-4CFAD1AF0C24.jpeg

Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

I remember those,they were nice cars,still see quite a few about down here