Mountune

Ford Puma ST Chat
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Here's all the upgrade you gents with ST's need. Wahooo!

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/tech ... -st-256bhp

Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Yep it is a fair hike in power.. I suspect I will go for the lesser of the two power upgrade options.
But maybe not until the car is a year old.
Would love to hear from anyone who goes for it.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/modifi ... ut-puma-st
Mike

Post by Mike »

Wonder if Ford will offer this from the factory
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Mike wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:00 pm Wonder if Ford will offer this from the factory
Better still if Ford will agree no affect on warranty. They did it on the Focus RS but doubt they will here?
kevmond

Post by kevmond »

Apparently warranty will not be upheld as Mountune didn’t want to pay Ford the fee that Ford asked for “approved” branding.

On an aside note, has anyone added a performance air filter and/or air box?

Being the child I am (if only in mind!) I unclipped my air box lid and took it for a spin to hear the induction noise.
It was a bit too noisy (recirculating dump valve whooshing)
I have since acquired a lower air box which I’ve modified with a 90mm hole in the bottom and ducted this to the hole in the undertray.
This gives a similar but less intrusive “whoosh” when lifting of the throttle whilst on boost.

Can anyone confirm if theirs does this if fitted with performance air filter and/or air box?

0E5350C2-8030-4D3A-8910-17ABDD41DDD0.jpeg

A0AD7B97-E79E-442F-938B-3AEB76D09186.jpeg

White ST with Performance pack.
Mike

Post by Mike »

kevmond wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:32 pm Apparently warranty will not be upheld as Mountune didn’t want to pay Ford the fee that Ford asked for “approved” branding.

On an aside note, has anyone added a performance air filter and/or air box?

Being the child I am (if only in mind!) I unclipped my air box lid and took it for a spin to hear the induction noise.
It was a bit too noisy (recirculating dump valve whooshing)
I have since acquired a lower air box which I’ve modified with a 90mm hole in the bottom and ducted this to the hole in the undertray.
This gives a similar but less intrusive “whoosh” when lifting of the throttle whilst on boost.

Can anyone confirm if theirs does this if fitted with performance air filter and/or air box?
Just don’t drive through any puddles
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
kevmond

Post by kevmond »

It’ll be fine, there’s a drain hole in the air box.
TBH, I doubt there’s much draw of air up the pipe unless the throttle is buried.

It certainly emphasises the recirc dump valve sound!
White ST with Performance pack.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Just fitted the Mountune throttle body and induction kit.
Both fairly easy to install and a doddle to reverse back to stock.
Tricky removing the cold air intake from the original airbox, but otherwise simple install.
Can't say any noticeable power increase. But initial take up and torque definitely shows an improvement. Easy installation, relatively cheep, good quality parts and so worth doing I think.
PS. Next no noticeable increase in induction noise.
Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

I have had a look at the mountune stage 1 with induction kit. It's only when you have the remap you will see any increase in performance. A Ford main dealer will install the full stage 1 with induction for me but won't give it a warranty. So, it can wait I think.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

denty1964 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:01 pm I have had a look at the mountune stage 1 with induction kit. It's only when you have the remap you will see any increase in performance. A Ford main dealer will install the full stage 1 with induction for me but won't give it a warranty. So, it can wait I think.
Yes agreed..I will go for the Mountune M235 later. My ST was of one very early ones and more than a year old now. The mods so far are really very simple to install and just as easy to reverse so not so worried about warranty that much at this stage.