Puma ST security

Ford Puma ST Chat
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Wdf76 wrote: ↑Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:11 am Keyless entry was part of the powered tailgate extra from day one.

It was never either or.

I haven't looked at the spec for vignale or ST to know whether this has since changed.

If you must push the button in your fob to unlock then a pouch, tin foil, lead case or microwave is unnecessary.

I've gone out to get in my car on a couple of occasions thinking its key was in my pocket. It wasn't and the doors didn't unlock. The tech works.
Nothing has changed, motion sensing key fobs are now standard fit on all new Fords (since late 2019 I believe) for those cars with keyless entry and the keyless start option. Regardless if your key is or isn't the motion sensing type, signal range is limited to around 2 meters or so, so the car will not open / start if your key is in your house some place. However a relay attack is when the scumbags use a device to amplify the weak signal from inside your house and relay/transmit it to a second device placed next to your car. With the new key fobs which shut down after a short period then no signal is generated and hence the scumbags cannot detect any signal from inside your house.
Last edited by Rays1 on Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Will a keyless start (not keyless entry) Puma start without the key inside the car?

Thinking back to my Mk8 ST (keyless start only) wouldn't start unless it detected the key in the car. I think it used to display key not detected on the dash.

Opposite to not allowing you to lock the car with the key inside.
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

Wdf76 wrote: ↑Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:24 pm Will a keyless start (not keyless entry) Puma start without the key inside the car?

Thinking back to my Mk8 ST (keyless start only) wouldn't start unless it detected the key in the car. I think it used to display key not detected on the dash.

Opposite to not allowing you to lock the car with the key inside.

You mean apart from I can start my car while still lying in bed using FordPass :D
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

FirstFord1972 wrote: ↑Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:49 pm You mean apart from I can start my car while still lying in bed using FordPass :D
That's not playing fair. 😁
Derek33

Post by Derek33 »

Hi

Just a question for my own peace of mind and sorry if this is a dim question.

I have the Titanium with keyless start and I use the Fob to open the doors, when I leave the car and the fob is in my pocket and I am walking about does the key fob go to to sleep, or does it have to be motionless to do that.

Thank you
Ford Puma ST-Line X Vignale 155 Automatic MHEV 2023
Desert Island Blue, Power Tailgate.
Previous model:
Ford Puma Titanium 125 Automatic 2020
Magnetic.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Key fob needs to be movement free for 40 seconds.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

Derek33 wrote: ↑Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:45 pm Hi

I have the Titanium with keyless start and I use the Fob to open the doors, when I leave the car and the fob is in my pocket and I am walking about does the key fob go to to sleep, or does it have to be motionless to do that.

Thank you
As I understand it it has to be motionless
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Thank you
Don't worry much confusion exist .. basically any normal movement will trigger your key to "wake" and transmit it's coded signal. Which is not really an issue because your likely to be out of the range of your vehicles inbuilt receiver. (Unless of course your doing a dance around your car).
It will only stop transmitting when your key is motionless for more than 40sec.

That said some keys have been found to need an extra jog to wake them.
Yokomoko

Post by Yokomoko »

Rays1 wrote: ↑Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:10 pm

Thank you
Don't worry much confusion exist .. basically any normal movement will trigger your key to "wake" and transmit it's coded signal. Which is not really an issue because your likely to be out of the range of your vehicles inbuilt receiver. (Unless of course your doing a dance around your car).
It will only stop transmitting when your key is motionless for more than 40sec.

That said some keys have been found to need an extra jog to wake them.
Usually makes the auto tailgate pointless...
2020 Puma ST Performance

Mean Green - Driver Assistance Pack - Panoramic Sunroof - Powerlift Tailgate - Performance Pack