Mean Green - Blue on V5 logbook?

Ford Puma ST Chat
Yokomoko

Post by Yokomoko »

Anyone else have a mean green ST that shows as Blue on the V5 logbook? Not sure whether to send it off to correct it or leave it?
2020 Puma ST Performance

Mean Green - Driver Assistance Pack - Panoramic Sunroof - Powerlift Tailgate - Performance Pack

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I think it's best to check. If the Police or Insurance have different details it could pose you some problems, if they have it as blue, in the futur.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Yokomoko

Post by Yokomoko »

Sparks wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:26 pm I think it's best to check. If the Police or Insurance have different details it could pose you some problems, if they have it as blue, in the futur.
Apparently green wasn't an option when registering it. Someone else PMed me with the same issue. If I sent it off and green still isn't an option then what then? 🤔 I may send it off as green and say the change date was the date it was registered (or date I took ownership?). I don't want it to look odd on a HPI check either under change of colour.
2020 Puma ST Performance

Mean Green - Driver Assistance Pack - Panoramic Sunroof - Powerlift Tailgate - Performance Pack
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Yep me too, exactly the same problem. Mine was registered just prior to Xmas. Thou and behold checking on the government website for tax registration a few days later. My Mean Green machine is showing as a blue car. It even shows on the Dealership paper work as Blue.
Clearly the current government database doesn't recognise Mean Green. My dealership now aware had asked I give them the V5 once I receive it and for them to query it with DVLA.
In addition anyone had issues with their insurance company, mine doesn't recognize the Puma ST?
Only the ST line X. They assure me it's not a problem and have noted the fact on my contract with a view to update in due course.
Yokomoko

Post by Yokomoko »

Rays1 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:59 pm Yep me too, exactly the same problem. Mine was registered just prior to Xmas. Thou and behold checking on the government website for tax registration a few days later. My Mean Green machine is showing as a blue car. It even shows on the Dealership paper work as Blue.
Clearly the current government database doesn't recognise Mean Green. My dealership now aware had asked I give them the V5 once I receive it and for them to query it with DVLA.
In addition anyone had issues with their insurance company, mine doesn't recognize the Puma ST?
Only the ST line X. They assure me it's not a problem and have noted the fact on my contract with a view to update in due course.
Quotemehappy recognised not only the ST, but the ST Performance version (for some reason the latter was £8 cheaper!). Comparison sites recognise it too it seems. Worth giving them a call?
2020 Puma ST Performance

DanielW

Post by DanielW »

Yea mine is showing as Blue on the V5, my dealership told me to bring in the V5 and they will look into it.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Received my V5 today...I have just handed it into my dealer for them to sort..
As an aside did a tyre pressure check post delivery PDi. Was found to be way to high (typical eh) so have set them at 34psi / 28psi. I could feel the difference immediately.
Yokomoko

Post by Yokomoko »

Rays1 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:20 pm Received my V5 today...I have just handed it into my dealer for them to sort..
As an aside did a tyre pressure check post delivery PDi. Was found to be way to high (typical eh) so have set them at 34psi / 28psi. I could feel the difference immediately.
Fordpass is showing 38 front, 40 rear 🤔 I will look at that tomorrow!
2020 Puma ST Performance

Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Yokomko hi, check you manual or label on the door jam. your current tyre pressures are even worse than than mine were originally set at.. I was actually surprised by how low Ford say they should be on the ST.
The cars TPM's is accurate but it's worth doing a comparison with a digital gauge of your own.
I have set my car (when cold) slightly above the recommend pressure for a normal load (up to 100mph). During the first 20 miles or so I could immediately tell handing wasn't right, hence the reset. Get pressures wrong at the off, then from experience with other performance vehicles I have had in the past, I guarantee you, you will never get new tyres to settle or recover any bad wear. Pilot Sport 4s are excellent but must be cared for.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Is it Blue or is it Green?
After six weeks plus and on my third V5 my car is still registered as being blue.
I received a letter from the DVLA stating that I needed a letter from the manufacturer and not the dealership to confirm it is Mean Green. This is bloody crazy.
They gave me a number Ford Technical 0845 841 1111 which I called and they told me to email at coc@ford.com. I received a response to my email asking for my vin, I replied.. I got another reply advising to take the query up with my dealerships.. "round and round in circles" madness.
My dealership has a copy of the DVLA letter also.
Clearly I am not a happy bunny. I will be back to ford technical "direct" when I have calmed down.