Puma ST sub forum

Ford Puma ST Chat
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I was thinking about those that have brought the new ST and how they might benefit from a sub forum purely for the ST model?

There are ST specific forums for Fiesta (bursting with tools) and Focus and perhaps one will come along in the future.

Ford owners club seems to bash the Puma a bit and I'm not sure what their beef is....

Like I said, just thinking.

robgee

Post by robgee »

Makes sense to me as it might help people that have an ST or interested in purchasing one.

Think Rob will have to set it up
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Yes no problem, will get that sorted
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Wdf76 wrote: ↑Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:32 pm I was thinking about those that have brought the new ST and how they might benefit from a sub forum purely for the ST model?

There are ST specific forums for Fiesta (bursting with tools) and Focus and perhaps one will come along in the future.

Ford owners club seems to bash the Puma a bit and I'm not sure what their beef is....

Like I said, just thinking.
Most of them only like old Fords.... ;) :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Good idea, collecting mine on Wednesday. First ST ever, my previous cars have all been RS's.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Rays1 wrote: ↑Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:49 pm First ST ever, my previous cars have all been RS's.
Go steady, might not be quite what you're used to...
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Yes aware Wdf76... need something less hardcore these days. Let you know my thoughts once I get behind the wheel.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Rays1 wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:36 pm Yes aware Wdf76... need something less hardcore these days. Let you know my thoughts once I get behind the wheel.
Everything I've read so far seems positive, which can only be good.

I daren't test drive one..... 😁. Feel free to tell me it's rubbish and I need not waste my time.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Definitely not rubbish. Received mine today, 22nd December. Mean Green + performance pack.
Build quality is very good. Drives very well. Ride , yes a bit bumpy, but not hard as nails, but then hey it is a performance car after all.
The seats are firm and tight as reported in the press. Can't fault them . But so not great if your very wide (best way to describe this without being rude) . The engine and brakes are amazing. Steering positive if a little light in feel.
If I could compare the ST then I would place it against the Mk1 RS Focus, but better and obviously more modern. It feels very quick and without any torque steer. That said this is just my first impression. I have only driven (30miles) it locally keeping to the speed limits and not stretched the car out on a motorway. Needs a few more miles on it before I try that. Get back to you when it has more than a few hundred miles on the clock
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I had the mk8 1.5 ST, 2 others before that too. They've squeezed some more torque out of the motor presumably to counter the extra kerb weight. A stage 1 map should be ready to go. The recaros were always a bug bear of owners. My BMI is in the green but I found them snug. I thought they may have listened and reduced the side bolsters. Glad you like it, I'm a bit mean green with envy tbh..... 😁😁