Dreamscience remap

Ford Puma ST Chat
Robby71

Post by Robby71 »

After having numerous remapped cars in the past i'm itching to get the Puma ST remapped.
I was 99% set on the Mountune but see the DS is £100 cheaper and when the car is traded in as long as the standard map is back on the car the handset can be sold on which make it £300+ cheaper in the end
It also says on their website their map doesn't alter the counter so when it's in for a service or warranty work as long as the standard map is on Ford wont know the ecu has been "played with" which is great

Is anyone else running the DS map and what MPG are you getting since? Mine is showing 35mpg on my 9 mile drive to work which is poor compared to the 45mpg in my previous I20N
2022 Puma ST, Performance Pack, Driver assist pack - Mean Green

Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

robby71 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:02 am After having numerous remapped cars in the past i'm itching to get the Puma ST remapped.
I was 99% set on the Mountune but see the DS is £100 cheaper and when the car is traded in as long as the standard map is back on the car the handset can be sold on which make it £300+ cheaper in the end
It also says on their website their map doesn't alter the counter so when it's in for a service or warranty work as long as the standard map is on Ford wont know the ecu has been "played with" which is great

Is anyone else running the DS map and what MPG are you getting since? Mine is showing 35mpg on my 9 mile drive to work which is poor compared to the 45mpg in my previous I20N
What does their map compair with mountune's M235 or M260? Plus does it come with/require any mechanical mods, similar to mountune?
For the M235 your can run the vehicle using E10, where as for the M260 it must be run on E5 fuel.
Robby71

Post by Robby71 »

DS claim similar figures from their Stage 1 and you can upgrade to Stage 2 for an extra £100 where they'll email you a new file to download onto the handset. You can also add the overrun map for an extra £50 for more pops and burbles (can even choose how long they go on for

The handset can also be used for datalogging and fault code reading/ resetting

There are 4 maps inc stock on the handset as standard

Ultima95 (normal fuel) - 225bhp
Ultima97 (97ron fuel) - 230bhp
Ultima+ (99ron fuel) - 235bhp

You can have launch control permanently on (no need to go through settings) and cylinder deactivation and stop/start switched off

https://www.dreamscience-automotive.co. ... m-imap-e6/ - click on Puma ST for more details

https://www.dreamscience-automotive.co. ... -ultima-2/
Mitchd10

Post by Mitchd10 »

Im going to ford fair on sunday and will check out what is available there. Hoping to get a good deal on the mountune m235 as my car is on there stand.
MY car already has the mountune induction kit and gpf back exhaust from mountune.
Robby71

Post by Robby71 »

Mitchd10 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:38 am Im going to ford fair on sunday and will check out what is available there. Hoping to get a good deal on the mountune m235 as my car is on there stand.
MY car already has the mountune induction kit and gpf back exhaust from mountune.
Dreamscience have said they will be having a sale on next week which should take their price down to £400 :D

I've fitted the Mountune drop in filter and elbow along with a Forge intake hose - i think it's improved pick up slightly :?:

I'm toying with fitting the Mountune quickshifter as well
Robby71

Post by Robby71 »

Mountune quickshifter now ordered :)
Robby71

Post by Robby71 »

Well fitted the Mountune shortshifter on Friday (haven't driven the car since) - what a ballache that was :( 2 hours as removing the pin was a nightmare

Mountune now have a sale on (bloody typical) with 20% off so i've ordered 1 of their gearknobs

Dreamscience also have a sale on so i've ordered their Imap handset - inc postage it was £402.95 (£105 off) so really happy with that, still cheaper the the Mountune by £100 and can sell the DS when i trade the car and get £200 - £300 back :D

Hoping for good results from the DS remap - will be using the Ultima97 which is 230bhp :D
Hope with the Forge intake hose, MT elbow, MT panel filter and MT quickshift the car will feel more alive?
Robby71

Post by Robby71 »

Well did my 9 mile each way commute today with the 97 map and wasreally pleased with the mid range pull - very noticeable over standard :D

Just downloaded the 99 overrun map which gives pops (selected 1.75 seconds) and takes power upto 235bhp and also enables the launch control full time so no need to go through the menus - should be fun

I've also got in the post an ASR valve controller (the 1 with the remote) which lets the car run with the exhaust valve fully open for more noise - had similar on my I20N and it made the exhaust sound deeper but not OTT, this is due Monday according to ups, will update :)