Digital Display

Ford Puma ST Chat
Mitchd10

Post by Mitchd10 »

Ive noticed that my menus on my digital display have disapeared, it let me put them back on but they went off for some reason.

also when i started the car it said i have full tank of fuel with 510 mile range when i filled up 3 days ago so cant be full as i have been driving every day since, also never seen 510 mile range always been around 340 mile range on full tank.

any ideas whats gone off?

Helmet

Post by Helmet »

No idea with what's up with yours sorry mitchd10, but i'm thinking, and l don't know if others have seen this too?, that there are gremlins in the dash display!!....

Sometimes mine, and this is from when the car was new, will not do the 'swoosh' with puma symbol when you open and close the door properly and when you press to start the dash stutters and doesn't display the mph and rev counter straight away with the engine running before it does then, what must be a dash 're start' - i.e , it goes blank and starts again from the 'swoosh', puma logo etc etc......all this with the engine still running and no input from myself?..... :?
ST line X - Desert Island Blue
Ordered 30/1/22 - Built 18/4/22 - Sat in Dagenham yard since May - Collected 17/6/22 - To be fair it's been a wonderful car, so far!
Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

Not sure what you're experiencing, but I've had various glitches... especially recently on my digital dash. It made me wonder if there had been some kind of software update....
... magically the car started asking me whether I wanted full or partial guard, so I checked the menu and the setting had changed to "always ask" (no one had manually changed it). I had fuel range increase by nearly 100 miles on the trip meters (this might be me selecting eco mode... not sure). I get some of the display (e.g. rpm dial) not appearing on screen on power up (appears seconds later separately). Also had one incident of the mode selector not allowing mode change, although not related to display issues I guess).
All in all, the initial generation of the display has always been variable in how quickly and complete it occurs on powerup, but its never totally corrupted or screwed up.
2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

Tommo56 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:27 am Not sure what you're experiencing, but I've had various glitches... especially recently on my digital dash. It made me wonder if there had been some kind of software update....
... magically the car started asking me whether I wanted full or partial guard, so I checked the menu and the setting had changed to "always ask" (no one had manually changed it). I had fuel range increase by nearly 100 miles on the trip meters (this might be me selecting eco mode... not sure). I get some of the display (e.g. rpm dial) not appearing on screen on power up (appears seconds later separately). Also had one incident of the mode selector not allowing mode change, although not related to display issues I guess).
All in all, the initial generation of the display has always been variable in how quickly and complete it occurs on powerup, but its never totally corrupted or screwed up.
Very true here, think mines thinks the same too! - never does its dash start the same, there's always a small glitch somewhere on power up!!...but again, it's never gone completely corrupted and l'm sure we all hope it doesn't - there's enough re - calls and stuff for us to deal with at the moment!!....
Ordered 30/1/22 - Built 18/4/22 - Sat in Dagenham yard since May - Collected 17/6/22 - To be fair it's been a wonderful car, so far!
FluffySheep

Post by FluffySheep »

Mine is the same in that each time I fire the car up, it can either be instantly on or it takes a few seconds with a laggy "swoosh". It's never failed completely, which is a relief. Around 10 seconds is the longest it's taken to display everything but it's only taken that long once.
2020 Puma 125 ST Line-X with Winter Pack in Desert Island Blue
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

FluffySheep wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:54 am Mine is the same in that each time I fire the car up, it can either be instantly on or it takes a few seconds with a laggy "swoosh". It's never failed completely, which is a relief. Around 10 seconds is the longest it's taken to display everything but it's only taken that long once.
sounds exactly like mine too! - not as it should be every time but not broken yet! - we'll live with it but will be interesting to see how well it holds up in 5 years / 50,000+ miles l plan to do at least!??....