Ford Performance Seats

Ford Puma ST Chat
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

I’ve placed order for ST and performance pack etc Dec estimate for delivery in the grey matter and dark wheels

saw seats on a gold edition that had been purchased so couldn’t sit in them

Heard they are little more comfortable, kind of like how the head rest is built in to the seat and supports the shoulders etc and the extendable leg support, and definitely grown on me can’t wait to get the car now lol

Any one received their car and performance seats and feed back seems quiet on the net

Found this link that shows them in the gold edition sorry if a thread exists already couldn’t see one in search.

ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)

Sarjee

Post by Sarjee »

I haven't got my puma yet, ordered in May and estimated delivery of December. Test drove a puma with the recaros and both myself and wife weren't too keen on them. Have had fiesta st before with recaros and didn't have issues but these felt really snug...I've probably just put on weight.

However the dealer had a fiesta st with the Ford performance seats and they were mega, a lot more comfortable as less tight but still felt very supportive and had bit more adjustment from what I could tell. They got the thumbs up from both of us and we probably wouldn't have ordered if it was still the recaros.
Puma ST Desert Island Blue - Dark wheels, power tailgate, M235
Puma ST Powershift Azura Blue - power tailgate
TonyBlue

Post by TonyBlue »

I test drove a an ST with Recaros and found I struggled to get comfortable with my middle aged girth.

I was invited back to sit in a Gold edition to try the new seats and found them much better though still a little tight but I put this down to not adjusting the seat (someone elses car).

I'll be getting my ST soon with FP seats, will feedback then.
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

Sarjee wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:10 am I haven't got my puma yet, ordered in May and estimated delivery of December. Test drove a puma with the recaros and both myself and wife weren't too keen on them. Have had fiesta st before with recaros and didn't have issues but these felt really snug...I've probably just put on weight.

However the dealer had a fiesta st with the Ford performance seats and they were mega, a lot more comfortable as less tight but still felt very supportive and had bit more adjustment from what I could tell. They got the thumbs up from both of us and we probably wouldn't have ordered if it was still the recaros.

Guessing there’s Plenty of height on the performance seats for tall people,agree recaros gripped but wasn’t a deal breaker looking forward to the new seats though and car
Last edited by FP2022F1T on Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)
Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

I recently drove to Southampton from Warrington with just the normal brew stop on the way. Neither my wife or I ever mentioned the seats being to hard or uncomfortable. My seats are the Recaro's and I'm more than happy.
The Monkey Man

Post by The Monkey Man »

I drove from Cambridge to Edinburgh when the car had 800 miles on it, Stopped at Catterick Garrison for a top up of fuel and that was it. Seats where fine. Now with 8000 miles covered they are a tiny bit more subtle. My missus is the patron saint of moaning about car seats and she doesn't mind them at all.
I would point out that they can sometimes take a few miles to get fully comfy as they can grip your jeans and a bit of male adjustment is often called for so if you are doing short journeys all the time they made annoy some people. For really long journeys (of which I've done plenty now) they are lovely. I have Recaros.
Puma ST Agate Black
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

Had a chance to sit in the new performance seats, they are very nice and I think just got the edge on the recaros the thigh support is a welcome addition
wgtwiddle

Post by wgtwiddle »

Spine-friendly sports seats have got your back... apparently...

https://fordeurope.blogspot.com/2022/06 ... l?m=1&s=08