Stolen much?

Ford Puma ST Chat
Robby71

Post by Robby71 »

Was just wondering if the Pumas are stolen much as there was an article online today about numerous thefts of Fiestas in Yorkshire,so i thought as the Puma was a Fiesta in disguise it could also be at risk?
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/loc ... a-24244295
2022 Puma ST, Performance Pack, Driver assist pack - Mean Green

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Nope, You will find that the fiestas also are older ones. The new keys help a lot apparently, but not heard of a Puma being stolen. That said never say never.
One advantage is that the cat converter is out of the way and not easy to steal.... 8-)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Robby71

Post by Robby71 »

Thanks Sparks - feel more reassured

Can the keyless be deactivated? would prefer to have to open the car by pressing a button then just being near it, current car is like this and can't be deactivated
Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

Yes it can be switched off. Note the buttons also work as well. The Ford keys go to sleep if not moved for a while so cannot be cloned if sitting in a tray etc. at home. It has to be said that some people don't trust it and still use a faraday pouch. I do trust it :D

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford ... Market=GBR
D6VEB.

Post by D6VEB. »

Hi: I have had my Puma now for 12months now.
If you have any doubt about parking your Puma anywhere, be it your own driveway or the middle of a shopping centre, give yourself some peace of mind and treat yourself to this,
SMALL SILVER DISKLOK CAR STEERING WHEEL SECURITY AUTO LOCK ANTI THEFT CLAMP
Fits 35 to 39cm diameter: They are not cheap but if you look on Amazon or Ebay for the best prices.
As with all newish cars, they make a good price for parts modules etc, so no car is safe.
This have given me a good nights sleep when fitted.
Enjoy your Puma.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

D6VEB. wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:28 am Hi: I have had my Puma now for 12months now.
If you have any doubt about parking your Puma anywhere, be it your own driveway or the middle of a shopping centre, give yourself some peace of mind and treat yourself to this,
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391587321181
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Disklok-Steeri ... C53&sr=8-5
Fits 35 to 39cm diameter: They are not cheap but if you look on Amazon or Ebay for the best prices.
As with all newish cars, they make a good price for parts modules etc, so no car is safe.
Enjoy your Puma.
Fixed your post for you and put the links in, hope you don't mind.... ;) :)
Good suggestion for those that feel the need of the extra protection.
Last edited by Sparks on Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Robby71

Post by Robby71 »

D6VEB. wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:28 am Hi: I have had my Puma now for 12months now.
SMALL SILVER DISKLOK CAR STEERING WHEEL SECURITY AUTO LOCK ANTI THEFT CLAMP
Enjoy your Puma.
I still have a Stoplock Pro from many years ago - less bulky to carry than the Discklock but was 1 of the best at the time.
Don't fancy having to go to that trouble again but guess if i have to leave it anywhere then it's a good shout
D6VEB.

Post by D6VEB. »

Hi. thanks for the post links, looks much better now.
The problem with the stop lock security was the baddie learned very quickly that a little hacksaw or reciprocating saw could saw right through the steering wheel and then remove the lock. This allowed them to take the vehicle, the main prize.
If it gives you a little peace of mind, so be it.
Something is always better than nothing. Visual deterrents work.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

D6VEB. wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:34 am Hi. thanks for the post links, looks much better now.
The problem with the stop lock security was the baddie learned very quickly that a little hacksaw or reciprocating saw could saw right through the steering wheel and then remove the lock. This allowed them to take the vehicle, the main prize.
If it gives you a little peace of mind, so be it.
Something is always better than nothing. Visual deterrents work.
DiskLoc every time. Nothing else comes close.
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

There no need for a disc lock on modern Puma vehicles. Save on both the £120 and hassle fitting the thing.

Gain piece of mind in knowing the vehicle is secure from obd theft, key clones.