Engine Oil Separator Recall

Ford Puma ST Chat
The Monkey Man

Post by The Monkey Man »

Paddydd002 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:19 am I am in the same boat as many on here. However im just about to cancel my order. Car has arrived at dealership 4 weeks ago. All prices were agreed until April. Now dealership have told me that they can no longer offer my agreed PX and it’s £2k less for my PX. Literally fuming. If I had taken delivery when car arrived at dealership then I would have got all the values I had agreed. But because of the delay due to the recall it’s now £2k less. Where am I supposed to find another £2k from ? All the pleasure of buying this car has now gone. Feel very resentful towards Ford and the car. As a customer and none of this is my fault then why am I the one that is being penalised? Anyone else had this issue ?
That's a bitter pill. Fortunately for me I have another car so I let the dealer have my PX about 8 weeks before my Puma was ready to collect.
Puma ST Agate Black

The Monkey Man

Post by The Monkey Man »

Rays1 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:47 pm
Bluecat wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:22 pm Everything gone quiet here too. I’m utterly sick to death of the whole situation now. I wish I’d never bought the thing / regret cancelling my Fiesta order. I’m not about to do anything stupid, but I’m really low with it all now. It’s been simply a rollercoaster of disappointment and rage and just makes me wonder what the next hurdle will be. I just hope I don’t resent the car when I do finally get it.

I’m glad some have got the go ahead for the end of the week and good luck on your collections.
Look on the bright side. In few days time you will have it and forget all about this silly situation. In all honesty the Fiesta (as good as it is) is loosing ground and sales are on the delcine. I have had all sorts of performance cars (mostly Ford) over the years and never in a million years when I ordered my Focus RS would have thought 4yrs later I would order a 3cyl (yes 3 Cylinder) SUV. Okay it's never gonna hold the value like an RS, but when I compare handling the Puma is right up there with the very best. Not forgetting this will likely be the very last pure petrol performance Ford.
You probably also wouldn't have believed that the £30k that got you a larger models RS version now only gets a 3 cylinder Fiesta platform SUV :D
Puma ST Agate Black
koalabear13

Post by koalabear13 »

Hi all, so called my dealer this morning after posting yesterday about the manager saying he can't be bothered to get it on the ramp for it to only have to go on again if needing to be fixed and is waiting for the parts to come in before doing anything.

The sales manager wasnt in apparently so spoke to the sales man who sold me the car and he said that all the Pumas depending on when they were made either has an inspection and fix if needed or have been told to just fix regardless. Apparently mine is a fix regardless, so now have to wait even longer for the part to arrive to get my car 😑 Been reading so many different comments about dealers saying different things just don't know what to believe!

Still think they are talking rubbish, he even had the cheek to say that noone else knows what they are talking about as this is from ford direct and straight from the horses mouth, but he's promised I should have the car by next Saturday. Not happy but I guess there's light somewhere at the end of the tunnel...
Mean Green Puma ST :mrgreen:
(Performance Pack & Driver Assist)
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

koalabear13 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:03 pm Hi all, so called my dealer this morning after posting yesterday about the manager saying he can't be bothered to get it on the ramp for it to only have to go on again if needing to be fixed and is waiting for the parts to come in before doing anything.

The sales manager wasnt in apparently so spoke to the sales man who sold me the car and he said that all the Pumas depending on when they were made either has an inspection and fix if needed or have been told to just fix regardless. Apparently mine is a fix regardless, so now have to wait even longer for the part to arrive to get my car 😑 Been reading so many different comments about dealers saying different things just don't know what to believe!

Still think they are talking rubbish, he even had the cheek to say that noone else knows what they are talking about as this is from ford direct and straight from the horses mouth, but he's promised I should have the car by next Saturday. Not happy but I guess there's light somewhere at the end of the tunnel...
The only thing that could in theory affect the part would be the build date. When was yours built? Even then I find it very hard to believe that they’re assigning a different action based on build date. Think about the number of cars we’re talking here and for them to have different processes seems inefficient at best. I smell some bull I’m afraid, but I’m no expert?!
koalabear13

Post by koalabear13 »

Bluecat wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:09 pm
koalabear13 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:03 pm Hi all, so called my dealer this morning after posting yesterday about the manager saying he can't be bothered to get it on the ramp for it to only have to go on again if needing to be fixed and is waiting for the parts to come in before doing anything.

The only thing that could in theory affect the part would be the build date. When was yours built? Even then I find it very hard to believe that they’re assigning a different action based on build date. Think about the number of cars we’re talking here and for them to have different processes seems inefficient at best. I smell some bull I’m afraid, but I’m no expert?!
It was built in December 2020 and has been at the dealership since then as a demo car.
Mean Green Puma ST :mrgreen:
(Performance Pack & Driver Assist)
Deano’s

Post by Deano’s »

Benmnk wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:03 pm Hi all, I have collected!! So shouldn’t be long until you guys can too. One thing I will say is that ETIS and the Ford pass app are still showing the recall despite everything being sorted!
Brilliant I collect mine tomorrow hopefully
Deleted User 965

koalabear13 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:31 pm

It was built in December 2020 and has been at the dealership since then as a demo car.
Ok, so I suppose at a push then that could be it. I think they have been inspecting the oil separator on delivery since the turn of the year looking for the damage. Could it be that?
Goldie ST

Post by Goldie ST »

Deano’s wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:58 pm
Benmnk wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:03 pm Hi all, I have collected!! So shouldn’t be long until you guys can too. One thing I will say is that ETIS and the Ford pass app are still showing the recall despite everything being sorted!
Brilliant I collect mine tomorrow hopefully
We are collecting Saturday morning hopefully, will be confirmed tomorrow. Hope you all get some news soon🤞🏻🤞🏻 Look forward to seeing pics of all the new STs on here
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

koalabear13 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:31 pm

There is one service instruction for all affected vehicles. Maybe your dealer wants a final weeks fun in the demo car? :evil:
Deleted User 965

Here we go on yet another day of stress. Two days, multiple conversations and lots of moving parts and despite my car being given the all clear early doors on Wednesday morning the hold is still in place and they can’t register my car. Each side blaming the other and at the moment no resolution on the horizon.